United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb

The Russian Frontline Flamethrower Card (#10-50) has the following text:

Has Cover 2 at Range 0.

I believe this is an error because the soldier's default Cover is already 2. There is a similar Russian Elite Hostile (card #10-38) with the same annotation but a default cover of 3, which makes more sense. I'm not sure if Frontline unit's default cover should be increased to 3 (perhaps overpowered for a 1F card) or the annotation changed to Cover 1 at Range 0.

(edit: changed "1E" to "1F")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have a look a bit later tonight - I'll also compare the Soviet card to other Front Line flame thrower cards.

I'm not sure that it is an error - I think the wording was for consistency - but I will check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an error
The wording was for consistency
Note that the Penentration is 4 F vs 5 E
And as you noted at >0 3 v 2

You might notice that different nations flame thrower hostiles are different in game stats - this was deliberate.

Have a hot time with them! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case (for me) consistency actually made it more confusing

As it turns out, Meine Soldaten were probably happy to encounter the flamethrower; it was apparently the only source of warmth to be found in the frozen tundra! I wanted to try the new environmental rules and it was brutal! The Russian winter of '41-'42 was legendarily harsh and the gameplay reflected it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaseyN60 wrote:
I wanted to try the new environmental rules and it was brutal! The Russian winter of '41-'42 was legendarily harsh and the gameplay reflected it.

No kidding.

My first game was Germans v. Russian Frontlines. I even dressed them in cold weather gear, but as the scenario went on I used up my hardy counters and General Winter almost cost me the game. As with WF SF, it all came down to that last turn.

I love it. Great work, Dan and Co.!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.