$20.00
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I suppose technically I finished the investigation...

The Shoggoth spawns, but surprisingly I manage to defeat it, in my one turn after one of my investigators falls...

However, there are 4 zombies and a zombie horde still on the board... one of my investigators has gone permanately insane, the others are on the verge of insanity... things are truly grim.

Feels like a loss to me.

Or is this just Lovecraftian.

I imagine "winning" is preventing the soggoth from spawning... but I haven't achieved this yet.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the app play an ending, and if so, which one?

(Use spoiler tags.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Did the app play an ending, and if so, which one?

(Use spoiler tags.)

Yes my last two were something along the lines of ...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The portal is closed, the cultists fade into it... but the zombie fight has just begun.

The first time I played I didn't even get to attempt the puzzle, actually I didn't even reveal the tower, a Shoggoth spawned and I managed to kill it... getting this ending. Didn't feel like a win.

The second time I played, I managed to solve the first puzzle, but failed to solve the second puzzle in time, and instead of a shoggoth spawning, Walter spawned... and I managed to take him down. Getting this ending again.

I imagine that disrupting the machine before Emma gets it to work is the "winning" ending.

Thanks for your interest in my thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes a scenario has multiple endings. It's up to you whether you count them as a win or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.