GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,685 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
My British squad led by Wright states:

2 1
2 1 Actions
8 9 Range 0 Hit
Ranged Attacks

I'm confused about the Range 0 Hit vs the words "Ranged Attack". Is the squad's range a 0 or 1 (the next card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squadie Wright (private John Wright of Tumbledown, Essex) isn't very good with his weapon - he can't hit anything beyond the location he is in - and he needs to roll an 8+ (9+ if wounded) to hit. But until wounded he has two actions - so could move and shoot or shoot twice without the use of action cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranged weapon is usually a gun, thrown is usually a grenade.
So his attack counts as a Ranged attack - some action cards improve this type of attack - but some locations gives cover from ranged attacks but not thrown or melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Squadie Wright isn't very likely to get many EKIA (both a success with the d10 and the d6 when he attacks) - why would you take him into harms way...
he is cheap arrrh
he has two actions - so even if he doesn't kill many enemies he could suppress them surprise
he is another warm body.. and when the hate is coming hot - he might cop it rather than a more capable soldier.. whistleshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a German squaddie who is a lousy shot, but has 4 health points. Took him along on my very first mission. Why? I'd looked through the action deck while unwrapping and admired the card "Self Sacrifice".

Yeah, just in case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.