Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Production is finishing up in less than two weeks (yay!), which means that I need to get the final numbers in for all the freight shipments next week, which means I'll be closing down the pre-orders at the end of the weekend.

I know that production delays have caused a lot of false calls on when the pre-orders would end, but this one is most definitely for real, so if you wanted to get the game a month early and $20 cheaper, this is your last chance.

EDIT: Pre-orders are now closed. Sorry if you didn't order in time. The game will be available for retail in February!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, thanks for making this game. The idea sounds very promising.

Can you elaborate on the difference between the pre-order and retail versions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no difference at all, you just get your game much sooner than the retail channels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
There's no difference at all, you just get your game much sooner than the retail channels.

The only difference is access to the standee version which is $20 cheaper I believe than the standard mini version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pre-order link indicates retail edition, all stretch goals, no thank you note.

What stretch goals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
The pre-order link indicates retail edition, all stretch goals, no thank you note.

What stretch goals?

These:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Dragonier
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news Isaac!

Do you still think we will be getting the game by January? Seems more like February with +- 1 month in the sea and distribution centers for 1 or 2 more weeks.

Any chance on an update on that insert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grund Guter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, by now you're getting a lot more than stated on the kickstarter's stretch goals. The number of scenarios has increased to 95 (51 for the main story and 44 side quests). In addition, according to the available rule book, you'll be looking at:

1 Rule Book
1 Scenario Book
1 Town Records Book
1 Map Board
30 2-Sided Map Tiles
155 2-Sided Overlay Tiles

18 Character Miniatures
17 Character Boards
236 Monster Standees
24 Plastic Stands

1697 Cards:
504 Character Ability Cards
457 Attack Modifier Cards
232 Monster Ability Cards
150 Event Cards
253 Item Cards
24 Battle Goal Cards
24 Personal Quest Cards
4 Player Reference Cards
9 Random Scenario Cards
40 Random Dungeon Cards

47 Monster Stat Sheets
6 Monster Stat Sleeves
1 Element Infusion Board
1 Round Tracker
6 Wood Element Discs

297 Tokens:
32 Summon Tokens
60 Status Tokens
85 Character Tokens
50 Money Tokens
48 Damage Tokens
10 XP Tokens
12 Number Tokens

10 Wood Trackers
17 Character Pads
1 Party Pad
3 Sealed Envelopes
4 Sticker Sheets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the Man v. Meeple video twice. It is an insane amount of content in the box. The game is a definite buy. Was disappointed that nobody I know who attended Gencon this year had an opportunity to experience the game. Think this could be the "sleeper" hit of 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Red Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm actually grinning reading this thread. I know I won't get the box in the post for a minimum of 3 months due to being in Oz, but I'm so looking forward to this, Isaac.

Thanks to you and the rest of the team for putting this game together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Prime
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the heads up. It was time to put up or shut up... and I put up! Been following for the last month or so, really looking forward to this experience. Obviously a labor of love!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the unlocked stretched goals weren't added to the retail copy? What about stores offering the pre-order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skire Kreshnar
msg tools
venrondua wrote:
So the unlocked stretched goals weren't added to the retail copy? What about stores offering the pre-order?

All stretched goals are in the retail copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, with the short shipping distance from China and local fulfillment, Oz has a good chance not to be later than the rest of the world. If the Scythe fulfillment was anything to go by, we may even be earlier than the rest of the world (fingers crossed)

Cephalofair wrote:
Production is finishing up in less than two weeks (yay!)

That is awesome news, great work pushing through, Isaac!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
Can you elaborate on the difference between the pre-order and retail versions?

There is no difference. The preorders are for the retail version, you'll just get it more quickly than retail channels.

The standee version mentioned by Andrew is not availble via preorder. It was KS only.

Some charming and perspicacious soul spelled most of this out on the Versions tab of the Gloomhaven page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bafbegagglestic wrote:
All stretched goals are in the retail copy

If you heat them gently with a hair dryer, they should return to their original size for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ackland
msg tools
MrTroy wrote:
Actually, with the short shipping distance from China and local fulfillment, Oz has a good chance not to be later than the rest of the world. If the Scythe fulfillment was anything to go by, we may even be earlier than the rest of the world (fingers crossed)

A lot will depend on who Isaac is using as the distributor and whether they're prepared in advance for shipping the very very large boxes. Good Games were underprepared for Scythe and took a while to get their act together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The link is to a random shopping cart.
Does that work and is it legit ?
I am tempted, it's co-op campaign right, I better start reading..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

Man, people seem to want so much to believe in a world where there is a version of Gloomhaven out there that is not complete. I honestly don't know how else to express that every version of the game out there has all the content.

Also, the link is to a shopping cart for Celery, which is a prominent online shopping platform. It's perfectly legit.

Your other questions will be answered in tomorrow's update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBTheChamp wrote:
The link is to a random shopping cart.
Does that work and is it legit ?
I am tempted, it's co-op campaign right, I better start reading..

It's the same link as from the Cephalofair website. So either someone really went to town on hacking both Isaac's account here and on his website, or it's legit. I'd side with the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Man, people seem to want so much to believe in a world where there is a version of Gloomhaven out there that is not complete. I honestly don't know how else to express that every version of the game out there has all the content.

To be fair, it is missing the super, duper, extra-special thank you note/decoder ring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd originally not paid much attention to this during the kickstarter as it's only up to 4 players and my normal group is 5, however once I realised (fairly recently thanks to the hangout with Jamey Stegmaier, Rob Daviau and JR Honeycutt) that it was a legacy game I read more into it. At about the same time I started doing some more gaming with a subset of my normal group (different day when we can play longer/different games) and so have pre-ordered.

Now I'm getting really stoked as it's almost out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Also, the link is to a shopping cart for Celery, which is a prominent online shopping platform. It's perfectly legit.

Your other questions will be answered in tomorrow's update.

Apologies that you seem to be getting this question a lot. I am not well versed in all the communication that has previously occurred. My intention was not to frustrate you.

Understand you're in the minority when it comes to the industry in general. Especially when Kickstarters are concerned. It's not uncommon for there to be multiple editions, with varying degrees of stuff.

I also do no question the validity of your website. I noticed that the game was being offered as a pre-order from one of the online Canadian stores I frequent. If I were by order I'd rather order from them and was merely curious about that edition. Now I know there is only one edition.

I have another question but I suspect it's a common one and don't want to annoy anyone else. I'll do a search later to see if I can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
How much is the postage to the UK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravanna09 wrote:
How much is the postage to the UK?
$10. Means the total cost is $109 (or about £90 if you pay by paypal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.