Subject: Lone Gunman Fanatic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yao-ban Chan
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really been getting into Sentinels of the Multiverse on my phone recently; I'm no great fan of co-operative games, but as a solo game it's really working out for me. I've gotten myself to the point where I can take basic villains pretty easily with a 4-hero team, and am just starting out on the advanced versions.

This time around, I played a team of Freedom Six Tempest, Rook City Wraith, Redeemer Fanatic, and Bunker against Citizen Dawn (advanced) in the Ruins of Atlantis. Citizen Dawn is one of the harder villains for me, because I always default to killing her citizens instead of herself, which isn't always the best course of action.

Unfortunately I went down this route in this game too; after Dawn's initial assault, the heroes set to work on her citizens. I was trying to control the timing of her flip, but an ill-timed The Kraken pushed her over the edge very quickly. A Devastating Aurora came out soon after, so I decided to try and wait out her flip with one-shots and then clean up with Fanatic's End of Days.

This turned out to be an awful decision; I ended up spending about 4-5 turns twiddling my thumbs while Dawn slowly rebuilt. The environment cards were doing a sufficient amount of damage to her citizens to keep her from flipping back for some time, and all the while they were plinking at my heroes.

Eventually, things got to dire straits. Dawn's citizens took out Tempest, Wraith, and Bunker, but she finally managed to flip back and Fanatic cleaned up with End of Days. Fanatic also had a full grip of cards from liberal uses of her power.

I then realised that I had absurd amounts of recursion at my disposal, due to the incapacitated effects; I could put Aegis of Resurrection back into play every turn with Wraith, and wipe the board every turn with End of Days (putting it back into my hand with Bunker). The combination of these effects meant that I was near-invulnerable; Dawn herself could not do 10+ damage a turn to me, so it would take a particularly poorly-timed Devastating Aurora to do me in.

This lasted for some time, but due to the abovementioned near-invulnerability, I was never in any real danger. Eventually I drew Wrathful Retribution, and started hitting her for massive damage (and then cycling it back into my hand with Bunker). After three hits, she went down - a most surprising victory, considering she had been at full health when Fanatic made her last stand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
Sometimes they are time consuming, but I love the games that come down to a single hero against the odds taking on the villain. One of my favorites was a game that came down to the The Wraith taking down and defeating Iron Legacy one on one. As I recall it took a TON of turns to complete, but it was a fantastic thematic game.
That's kind of surprising: Iron Legacy games are typically very quick. How did Wraith survive? There must have been some serious healing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple Wrathful Retributions? Fana-tastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dthurston wrote:
ironhide1 wrote:
Sometimes they are time consuming, but I love the games that come down to a single hero against the odds taking on the villain. One of my favorites was a game that came down to the The Wraith taking down and defeating Iron Legacy one on one. As I recall it took a TON of turns to complete, but it was a fantastic thematic game.
That's kind of surprising: Iron Legacy games are typically very quick. How did Wraith survive? There must have been some serious healing?

Maybe Tempest incap making Wraith immune to melee, or similar nonsense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.