Raymond Stolarczyk
msg tools
I was wondering if there are board gamers in the Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda , FL area? It seems there are groups about an hour drive either north or south...but wondering if there were any folks in the area.

-Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on where you are in PtCharlotte/PuntaGorda, I'm 30-40 mins West of you in Venice. I'm just off of 41.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Stolarczyk
msg tools
Venice is much closer than even the hour drive to Fort Myers or north. I am by exit 170 Kings Hwy. Is there a game store with tables around you? I believe there is on that moved recently on Tamiami.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard of a game store coming to Tamiami. Definitely let me know if you find out about one.

Nearest FLGS to me is north 30mins in Sarasota.

Exit 170. That's not bad at all. I'd say about a half an hours drive. Any idea of a place somewhere between here and there to flip cards and toss some dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Stolarczyk
msg tools
The place I was thinking of was Baazar Gaming Emporium. It is at
3805 Tamiami Trail Unit A
Port Charlotte, FL 33952

The have game tables set up, and they focus on Magic the Gathering on Friday nights but can be a good place to start.

Is there a particular board game(s) you would be interested in? I could probably make it there tonight after 7pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sherry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey, Brian. I know this is about a year after you posted but am hoping you are still active. Me and my girlfriend live in the Port Charlotte area, and just had a couple quick questions, and maybe we can have a game day soon-ish.

Firstly would be age, simply because we would feel awkward with anyone either far younger or far older than we are. Another would be place because we each live at home and our places are not really suitable for hosting, so would you be able to/willing?

As far as info from us, we have rather haphazard schedules so making a set in stone every week kind of thing doesn't really work for us. And as far as our tastes for games, we play things like champions of midgard, 7 wonders duel, blood rage, fury if Dracula, things like that. Games where it's not a lot of luck, mostly your own choices. We are always open to new games, though.

And if all of this sounds good to you and what you say sounds good to us, we will see what happens. I would make a small note that if we do meet, don't come on too strong, we take a minute to warm up to people . We're both rather nice and I think quite funny. Can play games seriously when needed but also aren't super strict or rigid in person.

Sorry for the long message just thought I'd get it all out at once and if your reply sounds alright we will see what we can do.

Have a great day, and hope to hear from you soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
It's My T.A.R.D.I.S.
badge
Galifreyan is hard to read
mbmbmbmbmb
The Magician's Forge
Game Store
14375 Tamiami Trail, North Port, FL 34287
(941) 200-5944

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforge/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.