Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Thomas
United States
Austin-da eastside, homie.
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

While combing the rule book I found a reference to the Italian 4th Alpine Division located at Cosenza. Sadly, there is no counter for this unit included with those lovely counters that grace "ITALIA". Instead it is suggested that one use the Republican Italian unit "SM" since the existence of the 4th Alpine is expected to be a short one. Is there anywhere I can obtain a proper 4th Alpine Division? I'll make one if I need to, but they never come out as nice. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Philswar wrote:

While combing the rule book I found a reference to the Italian 4th Alpine Division located at Cosenza. Sadly, there is no counter for this unit included with those lovely counters that grace "ITALIA". Instead it is suggested that one use the Republican Italian unit "SM" since the existence of the 4th Alpine is expected to be a short one. Is there anywhere I can obtain a proper 4th Alpine Division? I'll make one if I need to, but they never come out as nice. Thanks everyone.

4th Alpine Division? The only possible unit with such name is the RSI "4ª Divisione Alpina Monterosa".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thomas
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that could be it. The reference is on p. 43L of the Italia rule book. It's errata. It would be good to confirm the ID as Monterosa. Is the Repulican division that enters later as "MR" also Monterosa? I may make a counter if I can nail down the wartime identity of this unit. Thank you for the information. Mille grazie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thomas
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Previous disclaimer: The home produced counters never look as good as I think they will. That being said, behold the 4th Alpine Division Monterosa at it's garrison town of Cosenza. Amazingly it defected to the Allies and served proudly during the advance on Napoli. Sadly the division never saw Napoli because it was eliminated near Avellino in a nasty german counter-attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.