Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, the only solo game I have is The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game. I love it, but I would love to have more options. What are your favorite, highly replay-able solo games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
So far, the only solo game I have is The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game. I love it, but I would love to have more options. What are your favorite, highly replay-able solo games?

1. Head over to and join the 1 Player guild
2. Post this same question in the forums.
3. Brace yourself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Onirim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are many good solo-able games, and the 1p guild link is a good place to start your search. Having said that, here are a few that feel similar to COBTCG:

La Granja
Oh My Goods! (doesn't have official solo mode but see variants forum)

Also, it's much bigger, but Terraforming Mars has a challenging solo mode that you'd probably like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quill65 wrote:
There are many good solo-able games, and the 1p guild link is a good place to start your search. Having said that, here are a few that feel similar to COBTCG:

La Granja
Oh My Goods! (doesn't have official solo mode but see variants forum)

Also, it's much bigger, but Terraforming Mars has a challenging solo mode that you'd probably like.

There is an expansion for OMG that caters for solo play: Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Peloponnes Card Game - The most replayable solo game I've found yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting on Hostage Negotiator with high expectations. It's worth checking out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:

My favourite is Onirim (second edition).
I also love the official variant for Dark Dealings, as posted in the BGG forums.

Otherwise, I love playing Sentinels of the Multiverse and Aeon's End on my own. I just control every character

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp
Disaster on Everest
Zulus on the Ramparts!
Field Commander: Alexander
Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game
Border War: Angola Raiders
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
Lord of the Rings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Mentat1231 wrote:

1. Head over to and join the 1 Player guild
2. Post this same question in the forums.
3. Brace yourself...

What Jason said. That is going to be your best source of info for solo gaming, hands down. And a place to meet some awesome people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These aren't purely solo but have terrific solo rules and gameplay.

Snowdonia - a worker placement game where you are excavations a mountain and building stations and tracks up it. What makes it terrific is a weather mechanism that affects your ability to perform work and a competitor company that also excavates and builds.

Glass Road - a Uwe Rosenberg game with a neat production mechanic.

Another one that I really enjoy is Lewis & Clark. It is a terrific game combining worker placement and deckbuilfing and rewards careful hand and resource management. Beautiful art and amazing theme. Every card in the game represents someone who aided the Corps of Discovery.

Strictly solo games I enjoy include:
Friday
Castellion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I know this is kind of off-topic and a little silly, but can someone briefly explain the Universe that "Sylvion" and "Castelion", etc, all belong to? What is that all about (thematically-speaking)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
I like solo games that are more like puzzles (Pandemic) vs dice chuckers (Zombicide). Some Euros like Agricola are good but they have the inherent problem of simply being a "beat your own high score" affair. This is fun for a bit, but for me it wears thin quickly. I like dice chuckers with a group, it is much more fun talking about that time Jack Bauer slayed 8 zombies on 1 roll allowing the group to escape than playing out that sort of experience by myself. Here are some recs:

Anything Matt Leacock is brilliant:

Pandemic
Thunderbirds
Forbidden Desert
Forbidden Island

For a euro style experience without having to "beat your own score":
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Other recs:
Friday
Burgle Bros.
Freedom: The Underground Railroad
Defenders of the Realm

There are so many more, but these are some of my favs. I play solo several times every week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillyberto wrote:
I like solo games that are more like puzzles (Pandemic) vs dice chuckers (Zombicide). Some Euros like Agricola are good but they have the inherent problem of simply being a "beat your own high score" affair. This is fun for a bit, but for me it wears thin quickly. I like dice chuckers with a group, it is much more fun talking about that time Jack Bauer slayed 8 zombies on 1 roll allowing the group to escape than playing out that sort of experience by myself. Here are some recs:

Anything Matt Leacock is brilliant:

Pandemic
Thunderbirds
Forbidden Desert
Forbidden Island

For a euro style experience without having to "beat your own score":
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Other recs:
Friday
Burgle Bros.
Freedom: The Underground Railroad
Defenders of the Realm

There are so many more, but these are some of my favs. I play solo several times every week.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I started playing solo a year ago and now I have pretty good collection of games (although it never stops growing). Here are 4 that would be great to start with:

Pandemic Excellent coop and gateway game. Shows how modern games are much different from the old ones. Great solo or with others. Always a tense puzzle.

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island This game is brutally hard, but that is the fun. Get ready to die...a lot. Each game is a unique story. Tons of replay. Does take some time to setup.

Viticulture Essential Edition This was my true first euro (besides Robinson). Very smooth, enjoyable and relaxing to play solo. Quick to setup. Theme is great too.

Imperial Settlers I recently acquired this one. It is a pretty relaxing engine building game. Lots of resources to move around. Lots of replay with the different factions. There is a campaign you can download as well (I haven't started that yet). Easy to play, but lots of room to learn and master. Playing different combination of cards that drive your engine is great. Plays quickly as well. Easy to setup.

Enjoy, but beware, there is no end to what you can play. Everything from the tiny Friday to the massive Arkham Horror to the never ending The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game to the expensive Vital Lacerda games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight, how is it that it hasn't been mentioned yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Utopia Engine and Ora et Labora are my favorite solitaire games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a quick-fix Hostage Negotiator is pretty good, but quite luck-heavy and can be frustrating at times, but it's really tense and rewarding at others. Also, Friday is a lot of fun as a small deck building survival game that feels really solid.

For something longer i quite enjoy Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
Ok, I know this is kind of off-topic and a little silly, but can someone briefly explain the Universe that "Sylvion" and "Castelion", etc, all belong to? What is that all about (thematically-speaking)??

Hi

They've all been developped by the same designer, Shadi Torbey. They all take place in the same universe, the Oniverse, which is kind of a dream in which there are bad dreams (Incubus) and good dreams (Sognas). The artist for the all the games is Elise Plessis. And that's pretty much all I know about it.

The bad guys are the Menace, the Darkhouse, the Ravage and the Incubus, and you as a player have to save different locations, such as the forest, different towns and all.

I don't think the lore is too deep but it makes sense in this line of game, really. The Oniverse is dreamy enough not to need that much cohesion IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Mentat1231 wrote:

Hi

They've all been developped by the same designer, Shadi Torbey. They all take place in the same universe, the Oniverse, which is kind of a dream in which there are bad dreams (Incubus) and good dreams (Sognas). The artist for the all the games is Elise Plessis. And that's pretty much all I know about it.

The bad guys are the Menace, the Darkhouse, the Ravage and the Incubus, and you as a player have to save different locations, such as the forest, different towns and all.

I don't think the lore is too deep but it makes sense in this line of game, really. The Oniverse is dreamy enough not to need that much cohesion IMO.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.