Subject: Double Feature: A Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
I ride mountain bikes and road bikes. Ask me how!
badge
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you a movie buff? Do you like card games? Do you like card games that involve naming movies? Then this game is for you! Double Feature is a great party game for those who enjoy watching movies. One person is nominated to be the director. Just like in real life, the director is the boss! All other player are trying to appease the director. To do so, on a given turn, the director will select one card each from two different categories. Players then attempt to come up with movie titles that fit the categories for the director. For example, I might select a card from the Props category and I might select a card from the Scenes category. The cards might indicate a broom for props and a country vista within scenes. "Wizard of Oz!" someone might shout out. If the director feels the movie title fits the cards, that person scores the cards, and the person who had the winning movie would be director next. The card that has been out the longest will be given to the player with the winning movie towards scoring, and the director role will be given to the next player on the left. Then a whole new card is selected by the new director and play continues again. Even if you’re not a movie buff, Double Feature is a great game because you can always suggest the movies that you know! There might be a scene in a movie that perfectly fits the two cards out on the table, as obscure as it might be. But hey, if the director believes you, you’re golden! Play continues until someone scores enough points! The more players there are, the more points you have to score in order to win.

Pick up Double Feature if:
You’re a drama nerd who likes board games
You’re a huge movie buff
You like fast paced card games that are a little chaotic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.