Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Walter
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Big Fun version of the game and am using both the Big Fun & ThunderGryph English translations from here at BGG to figure out the game.

After drafting 6 cards, the players must discard 1 and put the other 5 into the upper & lower rows.

However, the two sets of rules don't agree on how to do this.

Big Fun English Rules wrote:

Please perform the above action 6 times till every player holds 6 Virtue and Vice cards.
After getting 6 Virtue and Vice cards, please turn one of your cards faced down and place it to the discard pile.

but
ThunderGryph English Rules wrote:

... until every player has chosen five cards, then everyone has to discard the sixth card to form the discard pile.

So, can a player discard *any* of their drafted cards, or must they discard the last card that they get from the draft?

Thanks,
-Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the last round of the drafting phase, each player will hold two cards in hand. They will have to take one and the other will be discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars F.
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rw2e wrote:
I have the Big Fun version of the game and am using both the Big Fun & ThunderGryph English translations from here at BGG to figure out the game.

Hi Richard,

The rules of Overseers have been changed by ThunderGryph Games before their release on purpose.
Therefore it seems that figuring out the game by using both rule sets might lead to more confusion than clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Walter
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Florino wrote:
rw2e wrote:

Hi Richard,

The rules of Overseers have been changed by ThunderGryph Games before their release on purpose.
Therefore it seems that figuring out the game by using both rule sets might lead to more confusion than clarity.

Yeah, I'm coming to that conclusion...

Gonzalo, thank you for your help & patience in answering my questions.

-Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.