$30.00
Ryan Owens
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
This is also my first time going, trying to get a sense of what to expect. Should I def stay at the hotel?! is parking a pain in the arse if I decide to stay with a friend?! I am bring my really good friend and we are both bringing our girlfriends. I think it is going to be a blast! any pro tips? Food decent? hopefully rooms have microwaves/mini fridges... i'm prob over thinking it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
There should be a more recent version of this but it doesn't change much from year to year. Lots of info.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1401452/tips-bggcon-veteran...

Edit: I drive in every day and parking is good. Some people have complained but if you can walk a few flights of stairs you will be OK.
Validation of parking, to make it free, has some bugs in the system which may bite you once in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a request a fridge and you may or may not get one. There are microwaves at Jets coffee on the first floor, none in the rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I wouldn't want to stay elsewhere, as it's super convenient to be an elevator ride or stairway climb away from the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't want to stay elsewhere, as it's super convenient to be an elevator ride or stairway climb away from the action.

My wife and I go and always stay at the CON hotel. If she needs to take break from the action, she can go back up to the room while I GAME ON!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ryan,

Good questions and some good answers. I will be staying with a friend and the parking answer was what I needed to hear. Looking forward to this CON, my first gaming CON Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.