Subject: Out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just recently got Eclipse, and I quite liked the game and looked into expanding it to 9 players, but I see that (at least here in the US), the prices for this expansion have recently spiked to the point that it seems cheaper to order a copy internationally. Is this game out of print and I can expect this price increase to be permanent, or is this just some sort of weird distribution hiccup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, almost every game is "out of print" a moment after a batch is delivered
I don't see any reprint info, but I wouldn't be worried as they reprinted it more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the game makers are still exploring ways to support this game. No clue what that means for specific expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
So I just recently got Eclipse, and I quite liked the game and looked into expanding it to 9 players, but I see that (at least here in the US), the prices for this expansion have recently spiked to the point that it seems cheaper to order a copy internationally. Is this game out of print and I can expect this price increase to be permanent, or is this just some sort of weird distribution hiccup?

I'm almost sure that my local game store has some (The Whiz in Westborough, MA).

You can always call and see if they'll ship it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan N

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The manufacturer's website shows it as 'in production'. I don't recall what their typical lead time is, but my best guess is that we will see it restocked at the usual retailers in two to four months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered it from ebay some italian seller for a total of 55EU after shipping. Not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Dyck

Washington
msg tools
I kept trying to find out as well on the reprints but luckily I just happened to stumble on the expansions at a local gaming store that I rarely visit.. They had happened to have the expansions just sitting there for a while but had sold out of the base game.. My wife gave the blessing and ended up buying both Shadow of the Rift and Rise of the Ancients expansions.. Never been that excited to see them in a local store after looking for the past couple of months online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Blake
Canada
flag msg tools
Did you have any news about it? The only expansions available so far I see are brunt at an outrageous price...

Will it come back anytime soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.