Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Kemet» Forums » General

Subject: My game came with NO PYRAMIDS. Does Matagot have good customer support? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Grrr. It'll teach me not to open my games when I get them.
I bought Kemet, BRAND NEW, a few months ago and never got the chance to open it. Today I did.

Result? I have TWO bags full of units, and ZERO pyramid!

I just wrote to Matagot telling them I needed 15 pyramids. -_-
Do they usually send stuff out promptly?

I'm annoyed, I wanted to play this this weekend, and now I won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Although disappointing, it's actually not unplayable without the pyramids. You could use tokens or 4 sides of d6s or even pen and paper, to keep track of what levels each players pyramids are at. It wouldn't be that pretty, but would still be playable so long as you could tell what's what at a glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with Matagot support is that they do the right thing and that replacement stuff will turn up but their communication is not great and they are not that fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkCity wrote:
Tegs wrote:
Although disappointing, it's actually not unplayable without the pyramids. You could use tokens or 4 sides of d6s or even pen and paper, to keep track of what levels each players pyramids are at. It wouldn't be that pretty, but would still be playable so long as you could tell what's what at a glance.

Yeah, but half of the fun of Kemet stems from its amazing components: pyramids and creatures. they add A LOT to the game...it's a shame that s/he cannot get the full experience . i was sad when my box came damaged....i cannot imagine how i'd feel if i missed some pyramids. but do not despair, Matagot will send you the pyramids sooner than you think!

Agreed. I just didn't want the OP to think it was unplayable, as he'd planned to play it this weekend. Definitely not the same without them though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
curtis james
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mine also came without the pyramids... as well as NO "monsters". Metagot was extremely accommodating. I had both sets of missing items within 10 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.