J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What wargame or wargames have you just obtained? Please post your wargames that are newly in-hand.

That is...

HOLD OFF UNTIL THEY ARE PHYSICALLY IN YOUR POSSESSION.

Hope you find what games you've been looking for under the tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackbeard. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhukov’s War: The Decisive Middle Phase of the Eastern Front, July 1942 – July 1943 and Pacific Battles: Malaya.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rich
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Compass Games' The Lights Are Going Out (WWI) https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2487750/lamps-are-going-out and the tanks expansion for Richard Borg's "The Great War".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game and Star Trek: Frontiers. Early Christmas present to myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost threw out my back last night bringing home the Deluxe Kickstarter edition of Glen Drover's Empires: Galactic Rebellion, another offspring from SPI's Freedom in the Galaxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how did something happen.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver Bayonet 25th Anniversary Edition
Silver Bayonet: The First Team in Vietnam, 1965
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt gonneau
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This arrived...

I have the two earlier editions - great concepts but incomplete diamonds-in-the-rough. This "definitive" 3rd version appears to have finally brought the project to a fabulous conclusion, tapping the full potential inherent in the original design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some slow months, a burst of activity on several fronts:

Bought new

Pay if Forwards (BGG and FB)

Trade

Game Convention Flea Market

Finally Delivered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murderer is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb

Just got this from a math trade cool Finally, it is mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warfighter WWII - solo man to man combat card game in WWII

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I don't like to be smart about purchases and try a system before jumping right in, here's my haul to test out Warfighter:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simone rolfo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi,
finally i got them:

My Christmas present... to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simonlerolf wrote:

Hi,
finally i got them:

So what about 'do not open until Crhistmas' did you not understand.

Now you've spoiled the surprise.
shake

It seems like there won't be any wargames for me this Christmas.
I had ordered a whole stack of games, but for some reason the shop apparently forgot about me.
Send a few mails without result and as I'm not going to beg for them to sell me stuff, I reckon it may be a peacefull Christmas this year.

Fingers crossed that will become truth for the whole world this year.
Yeah I know, very unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simonlerolf wrote:

Hi,
finally i got them:

Here, me old eyes could quite see how well you treated yourself, nicely done sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded XenoShyft: Onslaught for Shadows over Normandie. I liked Xenoshyft, but mostly play the app as the setup is a bit involved for a solo deckbuilder. So I got me a tactical war game with even bigger setup and without offucial solo rules instead. Smart move.

Oh well, it is essentially Hell Boy, the Game. And some kind soul created a solo variant for it allready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
tincup2 wrote:
This arrived...

I have the two earlier editions - great concepts but incomplete diamonds-in-the-rough. This "definitive" 3rd version appears to have finally brought the project to a fabulous conclusion, tapping the full potential inherent in the original design.

I've eyed the game with some interest previously but there are no reviews and very few comments in the game's BGG entry. If you are at all inclined, it would be great if you could contribute if not a review, at least a somewhat detailed comment to the game's BGG entry. What is this full potential that has been so fabulously reached?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I don't have pics working today, but I just got A Distant Plain on the 1st of December. I am still wrapping my head around the rules, but I think I am really going to like it. I am a reasonably experienced gamer, having played D&D since the late '70s, Warhammer in the '80s, Pathfinder Adventure Card game and all of the D&D dungeon crawlers, along with Risk, Axis and Allies and several other mass market war games. I now play 40k, Warmachine, Hordes and lots of board and card games. I also play a lot of Strat-o-matic football and baseball. This is my first real foray into serious wargames. I like it well enough, so far, that I think I am going to buy some more games from the Coin series. (Cuba Libre and the Vietnam one) I will start another thread about what game to get next when I know enough to ask smarter questions.

I also got Blood Bowl in the same package, but you guys on the wargame thread probably don't want to hear about that one!

BTW, simonlerolf, you got some great stuff there! I hope you post some reviews or comments on some of those games. I've been drooling over a couple of those myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
General
badge
The War Room
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
Not quite wargames, but wargaming needs were literally at the top of my purchasing criteria: a 120cm (47") x 80cm (31.5") desk (so, can basically fit two 22"x32" maps), and two bookshelves measuring ~220cm tall (~7 ft) x 89cm wide (~3 ft). It was tough to find a desk that could fit two maps, and even then, this can only work for 22"x32" (which I think most MMP maps are)...at 22"x34" I'll be out of luck. But for that I have my new 6'x3' dining table. cool (still can't play Last Chance for Victory on the full four maps, though....).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cisco Serret
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
OverText
badge
WOOF!
mbmbmbmb
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
(still can't play Last Chance for Victory on the full four maps, though....).

Sure you can! Just buy a 1/2" 4'x8' piece of plywood, put it on top of your desk, and secure it with some drywall screws.

Insta-wargame table! (don't lean on it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
I always wanted this one.. Then, when it appeared well-priced, not far from me, I did not hesitate for long :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Polda wrote:
I always wanted this one.. Then, when it appeared well-priced, not far from me, I did not hesitate for long :-)

You won't regret it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt gonneau
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rayofsunshine wrote:
tincup2 wrote:
This arrived...

I've eyed the game with some interest previously but there are no reviews and very few comments in the game's BGG entry. If you are at all inclined, it would be great if you could contribute if not a review, at least a somewhat detailed comment to the game's BGG entry. What is this full potential that has been so fabulously reached?

Did you play the original games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
tincup2 wrote:
rayofsunshine wrote:
tincup2 wrote:
This arrived...

Did you play the original games?

I have not played the earlier editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.