4 Posts

Atlantic Wall: D-Day to Falaise» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Do you ever request lulls? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like the resulting opportunity for an enemy counteroffensive would make you want to avoid asking for one unless your front was about to fall apart. But in that case I would expect your opponent to turn down the request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Rarely do you see a lull in AW, although I have seen them in later stages of the campaign. Other games in the series have mandated lulls and even non-mandated can be advantageous to both sides.

In some cases I have seen a mutual agreement to conduct a lull, of for no other reason than both players know they don't have any major actions planned and both players were willing declare a lull if for no other reason than to speed play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Atlantic Wall: D-Day to Falaise (Decision Games)
badge
Your attitude, not your aptitude, determines your altitude.
mb
...if I may add, the German player usually welcomes a lull so when an Allied player needs one it rarely gets turned down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Good point, in couple of games where I was the German and the Allied player wanted a lull, I definitely went for it. In both cases, it ended up being more worthwhile for the Germans than for the Allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.