Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only found one thread discussing this, but it was pretty old and only had 2 replies.

I was wondering, how do you think this plays with 3? In which combinations do you think it's best? Getting 2 people over tomorrow, but I'm doubting whether I should bring this to the table or not.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It plays great with three people! Also two, four, five, and one.

It is simply an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
It plays great with three people! Also two, four, five, and one.

It is simply an awesome game.

Thanks, do you have a favourite combination of classes for three? I want the game to make a good impression

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play Knight vs Goblins vs Dragon for 3 (at first; all combinations are possible). The Thief more feels like an addon for 5 and the Cave isn't exactly everyones cup of tea playing very subtile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur. For inexperienced players, Knight vs Goblins vs Dragon is best. It even says that in your instruction book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your replies!

kc2dpt wrote:
I concur. For inexperienced players, Knight vs Goblins vs Dragon is best. It even says that in your instruction book.

True, but to be honest the 'recommended' things by rulebook are not always the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Faerun wrote:
Thanks, do you have a favourite combination of classes for three? I want the game to make a good impression

If you enjoy conflict, then Knight/Goblins/Dragon is the way to go (and probably is anyway for a first game).

If you prefer more of a race, then Knight/Dragon/Thief (with the Knight's win condition being smashing crystals) is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Mononen
Finland
Kuopio
Pohjois-Savo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has worked with every player count for me so far. Fantastic game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play 3 player I like these combos.

KGD - Without the Cave you can have a run away leader, if the third player doesn't play soft to contain the issue.

KDC - All of the dueling magic of the Knight and the Dragon but throw in Cave's manipulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.