8 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: adjacent to warbird after revealing new tile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
That is, I reveal a new tile, and there appears a Rom bird adjacent to me. Does that count as stage 1 of a violet act. Such that if I move to another adjacent side, the Rom bird is provoked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, assuming your next move ends adjacent to that Warbird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
Andrew Parks wrote:
Yes, assuming your next move ends adjacent to that Warbird.

.....hang on, are you saying that I can continue to move on past the Rom bird. That's against the rules isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not completely sure what you are asking, but I think this should cover all possibilities:

If your ship physically does not move from one space to another, enemy ships are not provoked.

Unrevealed ships are also not "retroactively provoked". (For example, if you move along the edge of the board, and then explore to discover an enemy ship on a new tile, and realize you have been moving adjacent to it in the past, it does not get retroactively provoked.

If the ship is already revealed and you move from one space that is adjacent to it immediately to another space adjacent to it, only then does it get provoked. There is a little graphical icon on the reference cards for the ships that nicely depicts this condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rus has clarified it much better than I could have. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
Well lets just say for arguments sake, that I reveal a new tile, I then have a newly revealed Rom bird adjacent to me in the new tile. I can't move forward into the new tile (for whatever blocking reason), other than to move into another adjacent side of that ship (in the new tile), or attack it first before I move.

I do assume that a Rom bird hex, once defeated, turns into a normal 2 move cost space hex.

Now, if I decide to move into that other adjacent side of the ship (on the new tile) instead of defeating the ship. Have I then provoked the ship like normal. Or has the fact that this is a newly revealed tile, and ship, change this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you provoke the ship and must stop immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
Good. That is what I figured, just wasn't sure about the new tile business. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.