Subject: More than 4 Players (5, 6 players) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F@ke
Germany
Rostock
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the old Thread (and my post there) is not shown in the new Forum-Layout I open this new Thread.

I got this game to play with family. But it'll happen often, that we are more than 4 players. How well does it play with 5 (or evt. 6) players?
What adjustments would you make? There are some suggestions here and there but not alot of reports, how it did work.

The Main problem with more than 4 players seems to be that the Water-Rise-Cards gets drawn too often.

One suggestion was:
I think that the game could be modified to play with 5 players, you you'd have to change some other rules to match (maybe 4 cards max in your hand, 3 to turn it in for treasure?)

Please share your experiences!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fak3 wrote:
Since the old Thread (and my post there) is not shown in the new Forum-Layout I open this new Thread.
It does show, it's just not on the first page of threads is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe draw only one treasure card per turn? It would make treasure acquisition kind of tedious, but it could slow down the overall "Waters Rise" deluge (I'm so sorry for that pun) a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For co-ops like this, if we have more than 4 players, my partner and I will either team up together (we've played Forbidden Island/Desert and Pandemic so much we don't mind sharing a role), or step back and just supervise, helping with rules clarifications or strategy advice if people need it - but we still let new players make their own decisions.

If everyone in the family wants their own role, you might be better off playing a co-op or semi-coop that takes more players? Forbidden Desert can handle 5, and you could do say, e.g. Shadows over Camelot with or without a traitor to handle up to 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.