Subject: More than 4 Players (5, 6 players) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F@ke
Germany
Rostock
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the old Thread (and my post there) is not shown in the new Forum-Layout I open this new Thread.

I got this game to play with family. But it'll happen often, that we are more than 4 players. How well does it play with 5 (or evt. 6) players?
What adjustments would you make? There are some suggestions here and there but not alot of reports, how it did work.

The Main problem with more than 4 players seems to be that the Water-Rise-Cards gets drawn too often.

One suggestion was:
I think that the game could be modified to play with 5 players, you you'd have to change some other rules to match (maybe 4 cards max in your hand, 3 to turn it in for treasure?)

Please share your experiences!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fak3 wrote:
Since the old Thread (and my post there) is not shown in the new Forum-Layout I open this new Thread.
It does show, it's just not on the first page of threads is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For co-ops like this, if we have more than 4 players, my partner and I will either team up together (we've played Forbidden Island/Desert and Pandemic so much we don't mind sharing a role), or step back and just supervise, helping with rules clarifications or strategy advice if people need it - but we still let new players make their own decisions.

If everyone in the family wants their own role, you might be better off playing a co-op or semi-coop that takes more players? Forbidden Desert can handle 5, and you could do say, e.g. Shadows over Camelot with or without a traitor to handle up to 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.