The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question to „The Beast We Become” rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harwin
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
At the beginning of this story the sin player takes the Dark past cards and secretly assigns one card (1, 3, 5 and [6]) to the active hero`s and number 2, 4 [6] and 7 to the hero`s in the reserve. Then the sin player chooses 1 hero as traitor. Is that correct? Because the sin player knows the Dark past card of each hero in the reserve has he will give the traitor the Dark past card 2. I think that is too easy for the sin player. Can you help me to clarify this problem with the selection of the traitor.
Further, which characteristics have the traitor? We have played the traitor as normal hero (with his fight skat and Base defence) which dies if he has 5 wounds. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this last night actually.

We played it so the Hero, in reserve, with the dark past traitor card was spawned as a 7/7 monster, controlled by the sins player. This is what the mission says to do. The Traitor dark past card says it should be a 5/5 but we think that is overruled by the mission text.

A couple of oddities were that the heroes get to spawn the Avatar and Traitor.

The other is that mission 2b (I think) needs the Controller to be on the board. However, you may have possibly just killed the controller twice in the previous mission and the Sins player can then choose not to summon the controller from his dead pile making it impossible to succeed.

Awesome game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Addum wrote:
The other is that mission 2b (I think) needs the Controller to be on the board. However, you may have possibly just killed the controller twice in the previous mission and the Sins player can then choose not to summon the controller from his dead pile making it impossible to succeed.

"When destroyed, controller is immediately resummoned until mission is complete"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, Thanks James.

The second time we killed it we took it off the board thinking that mission part was done.

Cheers for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harwin
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
And the choose of the traitor as described is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this mission really needs clarification. How are the dark past cards assigned, and when you reach point 3 does the sin player just check which hero is traitor and summon him, or does that hero need to reach full corruption and then be revealed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SpiralDan wrote:
Yes, this mission really needs clarification. How are the dark past cards assigned, and when you reach point 3 does the sin player just check which hero is traitor and summon him, or does that hero need to reach full corruption and then be revealed?

The Dark Past cards are assigned as indicated on the back of the mission storyboard. Also on the back is a paragraph stating that at the start of the game the Sins player takes the traitor hero from the reserve. This is a bit ambiguous but I think we can determine that the intention is to select the hero given the Traitor Dark Past card. The heroes have a bit of control over this because if there is a hero they really want, they can choose him/her as a starting hero. The traitor hero sits in the Sins player monster pool until summoned as indicated on the story board. There are only 6 heroes so it's a shorter story than most others and they are given the ability to summon the avatar and traitor wherever they choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually try not to find any secret meaning of words in any game, and this applied here. I just played this mission today, and the setup rules says that the Sin's player have to place Dark Past Cards first, and then, right after players choose their starting heroes, the Sin's Player takes one of the reserves as the traitor. It doesn't say that it is the heros with the "Traitor" Dark Past assigned. It can be any hero from the reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
I usually try not to find any secret meaning of words in any game, and this applied here. I just played this mission today, and the setup rules says that the Sin's player have to place Dark Past Cards first, and then, right after players choose their starting heroes, the Sin's Player takes one of the reserves as the traitor. It doesn't say that it is the heros with the "Traitor" Dark Past assigned. It can be any hero from the reserve.

There is no hidden meaning. It is just poorly explained and lacks clarification like many other aspects of the game. Two traitors is unbalanced and a bit silly. OP is right, you'd just choose the hero with Card 2 every time. Traitor = Hero with traitor card makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axilleas Garif
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys could you help me?In this scenario the mission saids that heros summon the traitor and the avatar.Can they summon traitor in a room with empty nest where they are and kill him immidiately with their next attack?I found it so unbalance if it is right because the sin player can,t do anything to react with it a f the attacker hero throws 7 hits the traitor i dead before doing anything...Any thoughts?Sorry for my miserable english...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garif wrote:
Hi guys could you help me?In this scenario the mission saids that heros summon the traitor and the avatar.Can they summon traitor in a room with empty nest where they are and kill him immidiately with their next attack?I found it so unbalance if it is right because the sin player can,t do anything to react with it a f the attacker hero throws 7 hits the traitor i dead before doing anything...Any thoughts?Sorry for my miserable english...

The way I see it, it is exactly like that, and it is OK because it is supposd to balance the fact that you have one less hero to use in this scenario, plus the other issues Dark Past Cards brings to the table.

Also, the momment heroes will spawn the traitor and the avatar will be right after one of the heroes turn, so the sins player will be able to do something about where you spawned him before you guys can attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axilleas Garif
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.