Dr Faustus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
Is there a way to glue this back properly? I need to glue it back so ship is 100% straight. If possible.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuuq wrote:
Hello,
Is there a way to glue this back properly? I need to glue it back so ship is 100% straight. If possible.
Thanks

Assemble everything on the base, excluding the ship model. Put some cyano-acrylate on the top of the broken peg, and line the ship up with the base while lowering it onto the peg. If done carefully you should be able to line it up and it will form a strong bond.

I did this for my Hound's Tooth, but was off by 15 degrees, leading to it flying slightly left.

Edit: meant to clarify that cyano-acrylate is a type of superglue. Loctite is the preferred brand in the states.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on your modelling skills, there are a few ways to fix this and make it better and stronger than new. However, you asked the question, so maybe low to none? In this case, Swampy's suggestion above is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.