GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,906 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Lion God, Screaming God... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kane Martin
msg tools
Surely this means that we will be getting a Phoenix God/Gorm God in the future?!?!?! The art on that miniature is beautiful and I had ZERO ideas that this was coming. Was this something people have been expecting and I missed out on that announcement?

(Peep update #9 to see what I'm referring to.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I believe the sculpt was revealed during gencon. I absolutely love the art but the miniature just looks alright to me. I'm not exactly sure why I'm not thrilled about the mini. It just seems off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix God.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Martin
msg tools
malkaven wrote:
I believe the sculpt was revealed during gencon. I absolutely love the art but the miniature just looks alright to me. I'm not exactly sure why I'm not thrilled about the mini. It just seems off.

The Screaming Antelope was one of my least favorite miniatures, but I love this one.

Maybe if we get a God version of the three base game miniatures there will be a new "God" armor set where you have to get resources from all three of the Gods? Could be as difficult (hopefully a little less difficult) to acquire as the Green Knight Armor set. Ballad of the Gods campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KaneKalos wrote:
[q="malkaven"]
Maybe if we get a God version of the three base game miniatures there will be a new "God" armor set where you have to get resources from all three of the Gods? Could be as difficult (hopefully a little less difficult) to acquire as the Green Knight Armor set. Ballad of the Gods campaign?

Doubtful; the Lion God has no specific resources. You could perhaps use some of the treasures from beating it, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Martin
msg tools
TheEremite wrote:
KaneKalos wrote:
[q="malkaven"]

Doubtful; the Lion God has no specific resources. You could perhaps use some of the treasures from beating it, I suppose.

Yes, that's what I meant. You have to use specific items for Ballad of the Green Knight, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:

The art looks like a "Screaming God". Or at least a screaming something.

The mini sculpt looks good, but... more discomforted and confused perhaps. A "Yelling God" perhaps?

Personally... I think it needs the mouth to be stretched more open (and maybe facing straight ahead?) so that it's obviously screaming rather than yelling (all KDM monsters should be uncomfortable to look at, I think) and it needs a big dick and balls (even if they're just a giant arm and mask/face spheres). Seriously. I know a lot of people don't care for the sexual horror themes, but right now it seems very anatomically incorrect for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan the Mysterious
msg tools
Phoenix god already came out, but it hit us so hard in the first round that we went back in time to before it came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kubaska
msg tools
mbmbmb
So, spoilers for some of the monster descriptions.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Lion God had something to do with a controlling parasite, the Necromancer who controlled the Silver City (something like that). The Screaming God has a similar theme with parasites and royalty going with it. In it, the monster is infected with Lantern Parasites. There is a Lantern Parasite Queen somewhere in there, noting some sort of ruling over something. I would guess the idea of a "God" monster is more like it is a host to some sort of parasite or controlling being. Or, it could be something to note a royal connection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note the phoenix is infested with tiny hand parasites. Seems to be some kind of micro-biological threat wrought into the fabric of the KD universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az28 wrote:
Phoenix god already came out, but it hit us so hard in the first round that we went back in time to before it came out.

We did the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard a super serious rumor that the $7 million announcement is the

Penis God.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Just heard a super serious rumor that the $7 million announcement is the

Penis God.

Thats another way to write "forge"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.