Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us around long enough to have all of the old Battle Maps, the big surprise this time around is getting so much more in the package! Instead of just two Overlord scenarios (one on each side) and a few 3D vehicles, we now also get six Standards and two Breakthroughs! Very nice.

Although one of the Overlords is a US Marine Pacific battles, all the others are on topic. Therefore we get a campaign type set up for a subject that thus far has only seen fan scenarios. Just as he is doing for the regular scenarios on his most recent other C&C games, Mr. Borg continues providing linked scenarios on his subjects.

And for me, this Asia centered pack gives hope of one day seeing what I always wanted--Chinese battles! Some of these were quite interesting, and I've gamed some of them out at minis Conventions or here with my own 54mm toy soldier collection.

And this is the first set of a new Battle Map series! Thanks to DOW for continuing on with one of our favorite games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it sells well, I agree the new format is better than the old battle map format, more content. Fingers crossed for good sales so we can see more of these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to get one before the expansion is sold out.

My guess is that stocks will run out in 3 months tops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. Several of my past battle maps came with standard scenarios as well so that doesn't seem like a new thing - I don't think the standard ones are preprinted maps.
Do you just mean the number of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple If that was so than I've forgotten, since I store my large paper Battle Maps and my regular scenarios in different places! But at least the two Breakthrough Maps will certainly be new. Anyone else recall getting Standard scenarios with the Battle Packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't there been normal size scenarios in most of the Battle Packs? I know the Tiger one had two, same for Stalingrad one. They weren't pre-printed maps though if that's what your asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, I remember two from Sword of Stalingrad! Nothing like what they are offering now, but i imagine the price will go up too (it would have anyhow since its been a while). Were there standards in any of the others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disaster at Dieppe came with 4 standard scenarios. Looking over at the info on DOW site, looks like Hedgerow Hell might be the only one that didn't come with standard ones (at least none are listed/mentioned in the description like for the other Battle Maps).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Disaster at Dieppe came with 4 standard scenarios. Looking over at the info on DOW site, looks like Hedgerow Hell might be the only one that didn't come with standard ones (at least none are listed/mentioned in the description like for the other Battle Maps).

correct,

Hedgerow hell 0
Tigers in the the snow :2
Stalingrad: 2
Dissater at dieppe: 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was HH the first Battle Map they released? Hence the reason it only got the Overlord scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.