$30.00
$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny – Awakenings» Forums » General

Subject: KoR reviews the Team Covenant Saga Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Team Covenant were gracious enough to give me a set of Saga Tokens and instead of racing out a review I chose to get a good number of games in before I wrote this. I have since played about 20 matches using these and I can say I really enjoy them.



The first thing you will notice is they deviate from the original designs of the cardboard chips that come in the starters. Instead of an explosion and Mandalorian helmet you get two simple circular designs and instead of a four square box pattern you get a rectangular chip shape for your resource.



I will start with the damage tokens since they are the simplest. It’s a nice clear bright orange circle with easy to read numbers on each translucent side. No need for different tokens for different damage amounts. Very easy to see and read across the table. The orange pops and stands out making finding and assessing damage on a character quick......



http://swdestiny.com...t-token-review/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Complete link... Because the abbreviated link doesn't seem to work

http://swdestiny.com/team-covenant-token-review/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, I'm a big bit pimper, but I don't think that I'll be upgrading to these. Not because they aren't nice, they are, but because I don't think they are a significant enough improvement for me. $29 also seems on the high end for these tokens as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Alonso
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Appreciate content they post, but not buying their overpriced items or dealing with their terrible customer service anymore.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Care to expound on the customer service problems? I was tempted to get one of their saga sets, but decided that boosters would be more fun for the kids.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more tempted if the resource tokens weren't so ugly and extremely different from the default resource tokens.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric - yeah, I don't understand the reason for the departure from the regular resource style, which I kind of like.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Eric - yeah, I don't understand the reason for the departure from the regular resource style, which I kind of like.


Most likely steering well clear of any copyright issues.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Alonso
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Care to expound on the customer service problems? I was tempted to get one of their saga sets, but decided that boosters would be more fun for the kids.


I don't want to derail the OP thread so Ill just say they are very uncooperative and hostile. In their videos they come across as feel good gamers that are here for the community, When you actually deal with them, they talk down to you like you are an imbecile and present the attitude - if you don't like our prices or shipping don't buy it. I was going to buy two saga token sets and two collector sets of Destiny, thats $600+. They tried to overcharge me on shipping with no explanation.

After buying their netrunner tokens, imperial assault tokens, imperial assault unit bases, and xwing templates all these years, I don't appreciate this type of service. I will never spend another penny with them. I went with Cardhaus and spent $504 for 6 boxes of boosters and 2 of each starter. Ill be getting my tokens from another vendor. Maybe these:

http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/s...

I think you made the right call for your kids. Enjoy the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kraus
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galonso wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
Care to expound on the customer service problems? I was tempted to get one of their saga sets, but decided that boosters would be more fun for the kids.


I don't want to derail the OP thread so Ill just say they are very uncooperative and hostile. In their videos they come across as feel good gamers that are here for the community, When you actually deal with them, they talk down to you like you are an imbecile and present the attitude - if you don't like our prices or shipping don't buy it. I was going to buy two saga token sets and two collector sets of Destiny, thats $600+. They tried to overcharge me on shipping with no explanation.

After buying their netrunner tokens, imperial assault tokens, imperial assault unit bases, and xwing templates all these years, I don't appreciate this type of service. I will never spend another penny with them. I went with Cardhaus and spent $504 for 6 boxes of boosters and 2 of each starter. Ill be getting my tokens from another vendor. Maybe these:

http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/s...

I think you made the right call for your kids. Enjoy the game.


I'm not trying to discount your experience, but I would like to offer a differing opinion. A few years back I wanted to get into the Spoils card game based on TC's videos and reviews. I purchased a couple booster boxes and some spare odds and ends off ebay (nothing to do with TC) and discovered I did not have any resource cards, I could not play the game. I emailed TC and asked if they had any cards they would be willing to sell me. To my surprise, Steven sent me a ton, far more than I would need to play, FOR FREE. He paid the postage and everything, just because he wanted to be a nice guy I guess.

Turns out the game was not my thing, but I will never forget that gesture and I have been a TC fan ever sense. I would encourage you to give them another chance. They really are great for this hobby, and I think they are the "feel good gamers" they come across as on the videos.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt P
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoy Team Covenant's content and they seem like a great place. The tokens look great, but after playing at the pre-release I see zero need for these tokens. Sure they are a luxury and I get that, but the starter set tokens are plenty adequate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dortch
United States
Sparta
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
galonso wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
Care to expound on the customer service problems? I was tempted to get one of their saga sets, but decided that boosters would be more fun for the kids.


I don't want to derail the OP thread so Ill just say they are very uncooperative and hostile. In their videos they come across as feel good gamers that are here for the community, When you actually deal with them, they talk down to you like you are an imbecile and present the attitude - if you don't like our prices or shipping don't buy it. I was going to buy two saga token sets and two collector sets of Destiny, thats $600+. They tried to overcharge me on shipping with no explanation.

After buying their netrunner tokens, imperial assault tokens, imperial assault unit bases, and xwing templates all these years, I don't appreciate this type of service. I will never spend another penny with them. I went with Cardhaus and spent $504 for 6 boxes of boosters and 2 of each starter. Ill be getting my tokens from another vendor. Maybe these:

http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/s...

I think you made the right call for your kids. Enjoy the game.


I'm not trying to discount your experience, but I would like to offer a differing opinion. A few years back I wanted to get into the Spoils card game based on TC's videos and reviews. I purchased a couple booster boxes and some spare odds and ends off ebay (nothing to do with TC) and discovered I did not have any resource cards, I could not play the game. I emailed TC and asked if they had any cards they would be willing to sell me. To my surprise, Steven sent me a ton, far more than I would need to play, FOR FREE. He paid the postage and everything, just because he wanted to be a nice guy I guess.

Turns out the game was not my thing, but I will never forget that gesture and I have been a TC fan ever sense. I would encourage you to give them another chance. They really are great for this hobby, and I think they are the "feel good gamers" they come across as on the videos.


I've got to second this. I don't live anywhere close to Oklahoma. But I have spoken to Steven, Robert, and Tim. I had some issues with an old address. And every one of them was really nice and worked hard to help me fix the issues. I think TC is a little pricey. But their customer service is amazing IMO.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
My ideal token upgrade for Destiny would probably be a combo of different tokens from different games.

I've seen 3D printed crates for Imperial Assault that would be cool as hell for resource tokens IMO.

I like the shield tokens (especially fancy postmarket ones) from the Star Wars LCG better than the Destiny ones. They look more like energy-based shields than just helmets.

The damage tokens that come with Destiny look fine and any upgraded versions of those (i.e. two-sided acrylic, like the TC ones) would be sweet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Alonso
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate everyone's previous experiences but that wasn't mine. This occurred last week. The issue I had was with Robert. Several emails to Zach went unanswered. I didnt care for how I was treated and wont use them ever again. I am just cautioning other fellow gamers. Do what's best for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thadeus Souza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galonso wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
Care to expound on the customer service problems? I was tempted to get one of their saga sets, but decided that boosters would be more fun for the kids.


I don't want to derail the OP thread so Ill just say they are very uncooperative and hostile. In their videos they come across as feel good gamers that are here for the community, When you actually deal with them, they talk down to you like you are an imbecile and present the attitude - if you don't like our prices or shipping don't buy it. I was going to buy two saga token sets and two collector sets of Destiny, thats $600+. They tried to overcharge me on shipping with no explanation.

After buying their netrunner tokens, imperial assault tokens, imperial assault unit bases, and xwing templates all these years, I don't appreciate this type of service. I will never spend another penny with them. I went with Cardhaus and spent $504 for 6 boxes of boosters and 2 of each starter. Ill be getting my tokens from another vendor. Maybe these:

http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/s...

I think you made the right call for your kids. Enjoy the game.


I haven't dealt too much with TC's customer service, as they are expensive and their shipping is on the high side. But I have to say, that there's nothing wrong with that approach. If their shipping is too high, and their prices aren't what you want...yeah, don't buy from them. That's exactly right. Spend your money how you want to, but don't expect a business to change their prices for you. Just shop somewhere else. There's no reason to take that personally, the transaction just didn't work for you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Alonso
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shoeshine wrote:


I haven't dealt too much with TC's customer service, as they are expensive and their shipping is on the high side. But I have to say, that there's nothing wrong with that approach. If their shipping is too high, and their prices aren't what you want...yeah, don't buy from them. That's exactly right. Spend your money how you want to, but don't expect a business to change their prices for you. Just shop somewhere else. There's no reason to take that personally, the transaction just didn't work for you.


Agreed. What I didnt get into in detail is how they responded to me. In addition, to the high prices - the arrogance. I did take it personally (especially after being a long time customer).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.