lee miller
msg tools
mb
You never know if your idea might inspire others. The brainstorming session begins with throwing everything at the board to see what sticks.

Here are some ideas I came up with. Once we get decide on ideal costs and wording, I'll be making these cards final using Gimp for print out or to use in my TTS mod.

Last Resort (Rogue) - as an additional cost to play this skill, discard an asset from your hand. You may commit this skill to a test after drawing a chaos token but before it is resolved. Skill Check Icons (Agility x2)

Trigger Happy (Guardian) - as an additional cost to play this skill, discard an additional resource from a firearm you control and gain +1 fight you may commit this skill to a test after drawing a chaos token but before it is resolved. Skill Check icons (Fight +1)

Flare Gun (Guardian) - Hunter enemies do not move this turn. (they are distracted by the flare in the sky)
Skill check icons (Fight +1, Agility +1)

In the Shadows (Rogue) talent - hunter enemies do not target you when they move. Whenever you perform a fight action, discard In the Shadows.
Skill check icons (Intellect +1, Agility +1)

Shoulder Holster (Guardian) - you have an additional hand slot for firearms; assets placed there are exhausted and only refresh after you spend an action to equip them. (this will allow you to have an additional weapon in play and still use other items like the flashlight and not have to worry about trying to play a weapon mid-battle which will provoke an attack of opportunity)

sharpshooter (Survival) talent - if your skill test succeeds by 2 or more, deal +1 damage. Skill Check icons (Fight +1, Agility +1)

Resourceful (survival) - whenever an effect would allow you to draw a card, you may draw 2 cards, choose 1, then put the other on the top or bottom of your library. Skill check icons (Intellect +1, Willpower +1)

adrenaline rush (survival) - charges (2), you may remove 1 charge to gain an additional action this turn.

At one with the Madness (neutral) - whenever you are assigned horror, you may instead add 1 basic weakness to your deck. Skill check icons (Willpower +2)

Ghoul (enemy) - 2, 2, 2 - ghoul gains +1 health for each enemy in the discard pile

better you than me (rogue) - if you are the lead investigator, you may discard this card to choose another lead investigator
(skill checks icons +1 wild) (this would come in handy if there was a time that a nasty effect was about to happen to the lead investigator and he needed to save himself. Since it is a situational card that I made the skill icons a wild.

mists of ry'leh (mystic) - attach to your current location. that location gains +2 shroud. Enemies do not engage with you while at this location.
discard mists of ryleh when all clues at this location are discovered.
(skill checks: +1 intellect, +1 agility)

slippery (rogue) talent - prey enemies do not engage with you if their conditions are met to target you. If you take damage, discard slippery.
Skill check icons (agility +2)

ritual blade (mystic) - fight +1, if an enemy has doom tokens on it, this attack deals +1 damage.
whenever you damage an enemy with a doom token, you may remove one doom token from that enemy
(skill check: fight +1, intellect +1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a custom campaign where you use different versions of the same investigator as you progress, like for the first scenario you are a youngster, the middle scenario you are the same investigator but middle aged, and the third you are an older person, with the story covering years not days - just as a one-off campaign of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
@Timbar - that sounds like a neat idea.

Here is a proof of concept card. I'm not quite sure about the text. I went ahead and followed Clayton's advice to get the minion pro for $35 and now I wish I hadn't. If you are here Clayton, what size are you setting the font to? I put it at 18 in Gimp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't understand why he suggested you needed to buy it for $35. You can Google the font for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
The free font didn't look right at all when I used it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd suggest custom variants of the location cards. Nothing wildly different but enough that you would not always have XYZ effect when you enter The Library. You'd have to allow for some element of chance. In my mind, now you could replay the campaign many times and it would always be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyxsius wrote:
I didn't understand why he suggested you needed to buy it for $35. You can Google the font for free

I suggested buying it because it is not actually a free font.

@Lee:

I'm not particularly familiar with GIMP, as I've always used Photoshop. It seems like the anti-aliasing that is being applied is incorrect, so the edges are off.

For all of the text on the templates I made, it was set against the original card text. There is slight variation, and the kerning is sometimes different, but it's probably a difference between Photoshop and InDesign in the kerning algorithms, which I imagine is what they actually used.

The templates are set at 300dpi. The card effect text on Treachery cards is Minion Pro Medium, 8.2pt, and set to Sharp anti-aliasing mode. The plot text is set in Minion Pro Italic, 6.9, with Strong anti-aliasing.

I hope that is helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
Yes, very helpful, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liquid Courage( Survival)- uses (3 supply) Discard 1 supply and remove 1 horror. If all 3 uses are used shuffle Amnesia basic weakness into your deck. (1 willpower or 1 wild)

This is similar to first aid but it has a big negative. So it should probably cost nothing or maybe 1 and be FAST. This could also be neutral. I imagine the picture would be some kind of flask, perhaps being held.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Collateral damage ( Neutral) - event, when attacking an enemy engaged with another investigator, if attack succeeds enemy takes double damage and engaged investigator takes normal damage. If unsuccessful, investigator takes double damage and enemy takes normal damage. (2 wild)

This is a powerful but situational and risky card. You could instant kill a fellow investigator but you could also quickly finish off a powerful enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.