Subject: Gambler's chest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any updated detailed description of what's included in the Gambler's chest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Martin
msg tools
Same as last update.

Due to TGN's loss and apparent cheating, 4 items that had yet to be revealed were stricken from the running (I believe it was most if not all of the 70s.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KaneKalos wrote:
Same as last update.

Due to TGN's loss and apparent cheating, 4 items that had yet to be revealed were stricken from the running (I believe it was most if not all of the 70s.).
I don't know if you could say 4 items were stricken. Yes, he took out four of the entries, but he has also added 2 entries since the KS began so who can really say what is going on or what will happen.

Either way we won't know what is really in the chest until the KS is almost over so if you are looking for that kind of answer, check back after New Year's Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
KaneKalos wrote:
Same as last update.

They haven't been stricken, they've been made into penalty boxes (which could even mean they'll give an extra bonus now; this is KD:M after all, where bad things - insanity - are actually good).

All the planned content in the Gambler's Box has been unlocked. Adam's just having fun revealing them during the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
It would not suprise me if poots decides a fwe days latter to add some items to the list because... well why not 'the wind is blowing hard today'.

This whole buisness with the reveals is just some way for him to toy with us and make it a really insane journey. I bet he's reading the comments right now with one hand holding a beer and the other in his p*nts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
It would not suprise me if poots decides a fwe days latter to add some items to the list because... well why not 'the wind is blowing hard today'.

This whole buisness with the reveals is just some way for him to toy with us and make it a really insane journey. I bet he's reading the comments right now with one hand holding a beer and the other in his p*nts.

Poots only puts his hand in his pants when its things like TPK or reading people's session logs and experiencing sadistic glee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was asking if it's possible to find a description of all the expansions included in the Gambler's chest (I have only been able to see what is included without any description of what any single expansion provides).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
KaneKalos wrote:
Same as last update.

They haven't been stricken, they've been made into penalty boxes (which could even mean they'll give an extra bonus now; this is KD:M after all, where bad things - insanity - are actually good).

All the planned content in the Gambler's Box has been unlocked. Adam's just having fun revealing them during the campaign.

Absolutely, that's exactly what I was thinking. Who knows what 'penalty' means in this context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
I was asking if it's possible to find a description of all the expansions included in the Gambler's chest (I have only been able to see what is included without any description of what any single expansion provides).

You mean the ones revealed so far? They were mostly described in the updates.

Philosophy of Death - An alternate XP/Development system for survivors
Scouts of Death - Survivor Figure. Rules for having an observer who can report back what happened if a Hunt fails. Or can join in the fight at the cost of risking not getting any gear back on a TPK.

Last Axeman Standing- A Survivor figure + Rare Gear Card
White Fang - A survivor Figure in White Lion Armour and Twilight Sword.

Nightmare Adam - A Survivor figure, another Fighting Art and an extra Philosophy for Philosophy of Death

Sci-Fi Aya - Promo SF Figure and two Gear Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad I backed the chest. I like seeing all the goodies I will be getting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
KaneKalos wrote:
Same as last update.

I didn't watch, but what kind of cheating were they doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
United States
Coral Springs
FL
flag msg tools
badge
TWIST Gaming
mbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
KaneKalos wrote:
Same as last update.

I didn't watch, but what kind of cheating were they doing?

We lost the first fight and we tried again with some of the KDM Development staff joining us on stream. During the 2nd hunt we got killed for no hunt XP so we replaced that so you can atleast do a 2nd offical try which also had us die.

So the cheats were re-try and replacing that hunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Yeager
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard anything on if the advance rulebook is going to be exclusive to the Gambler's chest or if it'll be available after the campaign?

So far it's looking like most of the unlocks for the chest are pin-up's and other things that aren't that interesting to me - if there's an option to pick it up later I'd rather spend that money on expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have those items been stricken? Or are they still in the box? I doubt Poots is going to remove rewards from the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't think he's going to remove them. I think what he did is make it so that we have to roll the number TWICE now to unlock it. Once to remove the skull, again to see. So the real "penalty" is that some days, we won't get a Gambler's Chest unlock, but that item will then be unlocked for future rolls.

Also, for everyone worrying about what else is in the chest - stop worrying. It will all get unlocked by the end of the campaign. Best bet is to just ignore it, and in the last few days, you'll see everything and then can make a decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the box has already the content estabilished, based on the funds raised, and the rolls are actually to REVEAL the content

...too crazy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
I think that the box has already the content estabilished, based on the funds raised, and the rolls are actually to REVEAL the content

...too crazy?

This is Poots we are talking about....development and business costs don't matter to him. What matters is if Poots wakes up with a random disorder that day or not. He rolls a D10 each morning for his disposition and what he will do with his products/business that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Uhrig
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect he's already videoed all the necessary die rolls and is just giggling with joy as he decides what to reveal next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uhrigb01 wrote:
I suspect he's already videoed all the necessary die rolls and is just giggling with joy as he decides what to reveal next.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Poots didn't take any reward away, it's the Phoenix we're dealing with... the rewards never existed all all. *poof*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
uhrigb01 wrote:

That accusation is why you see sticky notes with time and date in various videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we have seen the new update, and the fact that he rolled one of the potentially removed boxes and still added a mini (Murderer) tells us all of the fear of losing out was unfounded. That box is going to have so much stuff in it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
uhrigb01 wrote:

That accusation is why you see sticky notes with time and date in various videos.

Also, it would be easier to just change what is behind a specific roll, instead of changing the roll itself We actually don't have idea what's behind the closed boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAn
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
^^ This. Reading the comments on the KS makes me speculate that people who are having trouble wrapping their head around how the KS is being run are going to find the game nigh on impenetrable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcyeager wrote:
Has anyone heard anything on if the advance rulebook is going to be exclusive to the Gambler's chest or if it'll be available after the campaign?

So far it's looking like most of the unlocks for the chest are pin-up's and other things that aren't that interesting to me - if there's an option to pick it up later I'd rather spend that money on expansions.

None of them are pinups, except maybe the freebie cyber Monday figure he threw in for fun.

All of the figures are game expansions with new rules and components. The narrative figures are per-configured version of existing armor kits, so that you can use them instead of building the armor kits.

The rule book will probably be available at some point, but it will likely be around $80.00. And won't come with all the little cards and figures that support the rules. If it does, it will be much ore than $100.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.