Subject: Russian Rules Disappointing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found the Russian rules rather disappointing with the Commisar chip, etc. I get why they do tgis but the implementation seems stilted.

One thing i think would make it interesting would be a reroll of retreat flags
Given the very real proclivity of russians to shoot anyone they thought was deserting, making a russian unit roll one dice for each retreat flag and lose a unit on an infantry symbol or something would make it very interesting.

I feel like the japanese have a more coherent cultural ruleset and the russians felt like playing reddish-brown germans or americans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing as the Russians. Generally the scenario has the Russian war machine positioned with overwhelming force that just can't quite respond to changing dynamics on the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Perhaps its because i have just started playing them, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy playing as and vs the Russians under the Commissar. makes for interesting gameplay, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. It is a very abstract mechanic, but one that does a very good job of representing the abysmal Soviet Command and Control and leadership in the first half of the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.