Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://smile.amazon.com/Days-of-Wonder-Ticket-Ride/dp/B00CL...

Normally US$6.99. Free today.

Latest version also works on Android TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, great game and a great app! I never thought this would be free even just for a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick DeGeest
United States
Fort Pierce
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think the price will go lower?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
pdegeest wrote:
Do you think the price will go lower?
Shipping kills it.

But seriously, be careful of this game! After becoming addicted, you will not only sell all of your physical versions, but you will start hearing the "TOOT-TOOT!" of the train whistle in your nightmares!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnegies Carnegies
msg tools
Not familiar with app games through Amazon.. is this only good for Android devices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
My Amazon version has had an update for months, but also refuses to update. Maybe my recently acquired Humble Bundle version will behave better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnegies wrote:
Not familiar with app games through Amazon.. is this only good for Android devices?
Amazon apps install on Amazon devices (such as Fire tablets and phone). In my experience just about any Amazon mobile device with a color screen supports this app.

Amazon apps can also be installed on Android devices through the Amazon Underground app available on Google Play. But be prepared to sign away your life and possibly your first born when you accept the absurd app permissions. I recommend against this option, FWiW.

EDIT: Smoothed reading (I hope )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
carnegies wrote:
Amazon apps install on Amazon devices (such as Fire tablets and phone). In my experience just about any Amazon mobile device with a color screen supports this app.

Amazon apps can also be installed on Android devices through the Amazon Underground app available on Google Play. But be prepared to sign away your life and possibly your first born when you accept the absurd app permissions. I recommend against this option, FWiW.

EDIT: Smoothed reading (I hope )

Yeah, I got the Amazon Underground app and it was a nightmare. Getting tons of notifications throughout the day with no way to turn them off. I got Galaxy Trucker through the app and I ended up buying it again on Google Play because I did not want to deal with Amazon Underground. As great as Free is, I do not want to deal with those notifications. I think it was draining my battery quite a bit, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klim Chugunkin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Or one can simply sideload the Amazon Appstore app to any android device, and have access to all apps through Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.E. Pennypacker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharikov wrote:
Or one can simply sideload the Amazon Appstore app to any android device, and have access to all apps through Amazon.

Yup, that is what I do. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.E. Pennypacker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Ticket to Ride on Steam, do I use the same account on the Android version? Are the Steam and Android versions pretty similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like Carcassonne is discounted to $1.29 as well on Amazon, if anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharikov wrote:
I tried this once a long time ago. It worked, but not well. However, it could have been due to limitations of the hardware. I need to try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carnegies wrote:

No. They'll work with almost any Android device (phone, tablet, etc.).

However, you will need to install the Amazon Appstore app on the device as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
Sharikov wrote:
I tried this once a long time ago. It worked, but not well. However, it could have been due to limitations of the hardware. I need to try again.

It's not so much sideloading, as it is enabling third-party appstores that are not Google Play.

On most Android devices, only Google Play is enabled by default, and you have to click a box to confirm that apps can be installed from sources other than Google Play.

There are a very few manufacturers that restrict installations to Google Play only. Those are the only ones that require true sideloading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tempting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
H E Pennypacker wrote:
I have Ticket to Ride on Steam, do I use the same account on the Android version? Are the Steam and Android versions pretty similar?

yes, same login and from my knowledge same app. I have them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
H E Pennypacker wrote:
Sharikov wrote:

Yup, that is what I do. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_...

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a way outside of Amazon Underground. Now I have it... and no notifications yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
Sharikov wrote:

It's not so much sideloading, as it is enabling third-party appstores that are not Google Play.

On most Android devices, only Google Play is enabled by default, and you have to click a box to confirm that apps can be installed from sources other than Google Play.

There are a very few manufacturers that restrict installations to Google Play only. Those are the only ones that require true sideloading.

I want to be able to make Amazon the ONLY other allowed app store, especially due to a recent attack.

I don't want all other stores, just one, but I have not found that setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.