Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Tarsi
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if there is a board wargame that deals with the strategy of pulling out of an armed conflict. Considering what the U.S. is dealing with in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, I think it would be interesting, not to mention enlightening to people on all sides of the issue of U.S. military involvement in those wars.

Thanks!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmyjot wrote:
I was curious if there is a board wargame that deals with the strategy of pulling out of an armed conflict. Considering what the U.S. is dealing with in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, I think it would be interesting, not to mention enlightening to people on all sides of the issue of U.S. military involvement in those wars.

Thanks!

Jim

Do you mean literally getting out alive, or the social and economic aspects of leaving a conflict?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of the COIN games "A Distant Plain" and "Fire In the Lake" both have a faction that part of the goal is to have their forces pulled out of the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any game on Vietnam will have this feature eventually (and most have a US withdrawal scenario).

No Trumpets no Drums has a nice one starting on '68.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Tarsi
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking more of the strategic aspects of how the pullout of an army affects the battle situation. There has been a lot of discussion about whether and how the U.S. should pull out of Iraq. I'd be interested in seeing a game that supposes, OK, we do a total pullout over the next year: how does that affect our allies' chance of winning, or surviving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmyjot wrote:
I was thinking more of the strategic aspects of how the pullout of an army affects the battle situation. There has been a lot of discussion about whether and how the U.S. should pull out of Iraq. I'd be interested in seeing a game that supposes, OK, we do a total pullout over the next year: how does that affect our allies' chance of winning, or surviving?
No Trumpets no Drums covers that, that is the point. Trying to win whilst instigating "vietnimization". The scenario ends in '72.

Can the RSV hold out whilst the US pulls out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can simulate it yourself.

Take a D-Day war game and halfway retreat the American forces. See how the other allies hold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Have you looked at Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?? It also just got an expansion a few months ago that covers more recent developments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Will Fight No More... Forever An older game dealing with the attempted Nez Perce attempted to Canada and the U.S. Cavalry efforts to stop them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.