Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this compare to Trains and Trains:Rising Sun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside of the theme and the route/network building, the games are completely dissimilar. RRR is a worker placement game, while Trains is a deck builder. i always felt like Trains is Dominion with a map tacked on. In RRR, the map is central to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck/Pool building is in the description which I why I was wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
Outside of the theme and the route/network building, the games are completely dissimilar. RRR is a worker placement game, while Trains is a deck builder. i always felt like Trains is Dominion with a map tacked on. In RRR, the map is central to play.

Railroad Revolution is not a worker placement game. There is no shared pool of actions you use workers or similar to claim and block others from using. It is a straightforward network building resource management and growth game with race elements because of the benefits of being first to a particular location.

Quite dissimilar from Trains, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geschichte wrote:
Deck/Pool building is in the description which I why I was wondering.

The Pool building comes from that you are building up a pool of different types of workers that do different special actions based on the main action you place them on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.