Hide
3 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Controlling Lita Chantler... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Kosztowny
msg tools
I haven't found anything in the rules saying that I have to be in the parlour to attempt to take control of Lita, i've been doing it from the hallway, am I playing this wrong? Nowhere on the card texts say this is a requirement unless i missed that somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Reference, page 16 - Parley wrote:
Some abilities are identified with a Parley action designator. Such abilities are initiated using the “Activate” action (see “Activate Action” on page 4).

Rules Reference, page 4 - Activate Action wrote:
A scenario card that is in play and at the same location as the investigator. This includes the location itself, encounter cards placed at that location, and all encounter cards in the threat area of any investigator at that location.

So you have to be in the location with Parley in order to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
No, see Activate Action in the rules:

An investigator is permitted to activate abilities from the following sources:

* A card in play and under his or her control. This includes his or her investigator card.
* A scenario card that is in play and at the same location as the investigator. This includes the location itself, encounter cards placed at that location, and all encounter cards in the threat area of any investigator at that location.
* The current act or current agenda card.

Lita falls under the second case.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Back of Act 2 Breaking the Barrier says put her into play in the Parlor - so you need to be there to do the parley action to control her as that is an activate action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.