Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In solo, Agnes and Skids have done the best for me. Roland and Daisy are next. Wendy feels the weakest in solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Daisy too. She essentially gets 4 actions every turn, the Encyclopedia is crazy powerful, and her built in Weakness isn't that bad, especially if you have her Tote Bag out. She needs a partner to help beat stuff up, but she is the best at investigating and support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow.

I am the only Wendy Player.

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not surprised to see Agnes at the top because she fits the Arkham theme (teeter on the edge of the dark secrets). However, I believe her to be the weakest INV of the core set. Fun to be play but toughest to play due to low stats in the most critical of game progression skills makes her very card dependent.

Anyway, I chose Daisy. I was immediately draw to her ability to draw cards using Tome's. Especially the Tome's in general as I was a fan of such in AH original game. That and I may have a slight preference from skills from the original game which has carried over into this game and for some reason I associate Daisy with Amanda (the student?) so there you have it. Daisy is my favorite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love all of them so far, though Daisy is much better in multiplayer than alone.

But I've found Roland to be by far the strongest solo. A big part of this is how efficiently he can succeed in scenario 2, which I find to be the toughest to excel at.

He's tough enough to take out the odd nightgaunt, and the surprise guest in the second act. But more importantly he actually BENEFITS from all the weak little cultists popping up. I always put them in an unexplored location near me, walk over to them, take them out, and gain a free clue for my trouble (or two with Evidence!), giving him greater action economy than anyone else except maybe Skids.

I've enjoyed playing with everyone, of course, but with the base set I can't see anyone succeeding more easily than Roland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
GameMasterX0 wrote:
But I've found Roland to be by far the strongest solo. A big part of this is how efficiently he can succeed in scenario 2, which I find to be the toughest to excel at.

He's tough enough to take out the odd nightgaunt, and the surprise guest in the second act. But more importantly he actually BENEFITS from all the weak little cultists popping up. I always put them in an unexplored location near me, walk over to them, take them out, and gain a free clue for my trouble (or two with Evidence!), giving him greater action economy than anyone else except maybe Skids.

With a Guard Dog out or leveled up Beat Cop it's almost comical how Roland struts the streets of Arkham, nary a pause as he saunters past the cultists and yoinks a freebie clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agnes is really fun to play. Scrying lets her to manipulate the draw deck(s) and the encounter deck, Shrivelling makes her a powerful fighter, and the Book of Shadows allows her to recharge these two Spell Assets (after you've leveled up at least once). Meanwhile, the Survivor deck lets Agnes rescue failing chit draws, evade enemies like nobody's business, and generally... survive.

Of course, since there are only two Spell Assets in the core set (not counting Blinding Light and Ward of Protection, which are Spell Events), I have a feeling that Agnes's tableau is only going to get more interesting in the future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skids for me! then agnes.

i noticed players voted almost equally distributed among all investigators, this shows the game was well balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This poll is great - I only chose Wendy over Skids because I thought Skids was likely winning in a landslide (just a crazy amount of actions/turn, tame signature weakness). Fun to see the other three outpacing them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be interesting to see if the results change for solo vs. multiplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 1-core and 2-core makes the answers very different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Curse of the Rougarou – Scenario Pack I can definitely see how scenario dependent this question is going to be. Minor spoilers:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Wendy is very useful here. There are several one time only very difficult skill tests, and her redraw ability is very useful insurance against a bad chit pull when you have committed so many cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tavener
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like to donate your body to science?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving Skids. His cards and play style feel very thematic. When you're wealthy, you're cruising. 4 turns per round, tossing coinage at your drinking habit to make fights and evasion a breeze. He really makes me feel that sometimes I'd just rather help myself instead of doing something 'for the greater good'. I could kill the monster, I could research the clue. Instead I'll evade him for my free card draw, do some burglarizing, then leave. Do I commit resources to getting out that important weapon for the boss fight? Or do I put the money towards my hospital bill because I don't want to miss out on the xp at the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My go to is Roland Banks, at least until Monterey Jack comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I have a favorite character, but I do have a favorite combo at the moment. Playing with 2 cores, Skids and Agnes. They compliment each other well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.