6 Posts

Imperial Settlers» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Order for Solo Player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maokai
msg tools
Hello,

While I really enjoy Imperial Settlers, my gaming group prefer to play other stuff when possible. I'm thinking about getting an expansion or two for solo play. I'm wondering which expansion compliment solo game strategy the best?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play IS solo. The "Why can't we be friends" didn't do much for me. If I had to do it over I would put money towards new factions instead. Look forward to hearing other replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play solo and have all expansions but the faction expansions gave me the most fun solo and then 3 is the magic number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
Rindel wrote:
I play solo and have all expansions but the faction expansions gave me the most fun solo and then 3 is the magic number.

Why is that? Because the fact you have a new faction to try? or the common building cards adds more variety then the empire packs? Also - which faction expansion is better in you own opinion for solo players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maokai wrote:
Rindel wrote:

Why is that? Because the fact you have a new faction to try? or the common building cards adds more variety then the empire packs? Also - which faction expansion is better in you own opinion for solo players?

Yeah a new faction is fun to try and the expansion also adds new faction cards to try in the other factions. I like the Atlanteans expansion best for solo play as the Aztecs feel overpowered and also add a lot of new abilities which can be confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
Great, will pick them in that order then:

1. Atlanteans
2. 3 is a magic number
3. Aztecs
4. Why Can't we be friends

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.