Subject: Lord of the rings expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
haim benisty
Israel
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'd like to hear your opinions.

What do you say on a LOTR expansion set? it will contain 3 expansions for the 3 books \ movies.

The tiles (Base+Expansions) are great and can match the theme, and the monsters also.
it's 'just' making a digital campaign for the app and a big box expansions, that will contains the characters, monsters and tiles for each book.

What do you think?

*Edit: sorry, I was suppose to open this thread in the General forum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pantaloni
Italy
Camerata Picena
AN
flag msg tools
mb
I'd rather have it as a separate game, mixing stuff from different settings would feel weird to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be wonderful, having all the creatures from LoTR available, Orcs, Wraiths, Balrog, etc. The weird part would be the characters in and out of the story, it'd work best with two separate storylines throughout as there were generally two different groups travelling. Could play the storylines separate, or have them interact for a bonus "epic" feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
I echo the sentiment that a separate game would be better. However, I would like to see that LotR game take the form of a further refinement of the system in Imperial Assault, just as it was of Descent, including a skirmish mode, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd focus on making a small portion first, and build up. This would be your best order imo:

Heroes
Monsters
Classes
OL Classes?
Quests
Tiles
Relic

In this order, you'll get the most satisfaction, as you should "Dream big, act small".

I'd also like to say that your custom creations will be more appreciated on FFG forums then here. Somehow. It's what I've noticed, besides automating the OL player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Rules to General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haim benisty
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks for your opinions, guys!

Maybe a separate game will do better, but Descent has already a bunch of tiles and items that can fit + Great mechanic (with the app).

I'll talk with FFG on this, so if you'll heard soon on brand new LOTR game, remember me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.