Hide
10 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting a quest especially Lancelot's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. L P
msg tools
I hope this isn’t a silly question but can you start a quest (doesn't really apply to Grail or Excalibur) without any black cards being played on that quest?

For example if I remarkably have a full house out of 2s and 3s within the first couple white card draws while on Camelot but we have yet to draw a single Lancelot/Dragon black card can I move to that quest and then on my next turn star playing the full house? I know it’s highly unlikely/impossible that you would actually complete the quest without a single Lancelot/Dragon card being played but can you get a head start on the full house?

Also, can that be done with the Saxon, Picts and Black Knight quests as well? Is it possible to win a quest that has no evil on it like a Black Knight card or Pict or Saxon figure being set out?

Thanks
Lynn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. I've always played it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's very possible.

One of our starting moves has always been to rush for excalibur without drawing a single card. We all sacrifice 1 life to move onto excalibur quest, then we all sacrifice 1 life and discard 1 card to bring excalibur closer.

By doing so, we all gain 1 life, a few cards, go back to camelot and not a single black card has been played.

No issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can of course. But you wouldn't want to rush to finish the wrong quests, as every black card that goes on these quests is another catapult you don't have to remove at end game! Ideally you want to narrowly win every quest towards the end. Finishing quests too early can badly harm your chances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Trevor. If you win the Excalibur quest very early you will get a lot of catapults by black Excalibur cards. If there is a traitor in play who adds catapults this is a major problem (at least if you don't play with the expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
If there is a traitor in play who adds catapults this is a major problem (at least if you don't play with the expansion).

Remind me how the expansion affects this. I haven't played with it in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
UteFan wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
If there is a traitor in play who adds catapults this is a major problem (at least if you don't play with the expansion).

Possible that he means that Merlin can be on the quest, stopping black cards from being played on that quest. Not sure what else could happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
You can of course. But you wouldn't want to rush to finish the wrong quests, as every black card that goes on these quests is another catapult you don't have to remove at end game! Ideally you want to narrowly win every quest towards the end. Finishing quests too early can badly harm your chances.
UteFan wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

IIRC, in the Merlin's Company exp., black cards still now contribute to +1 catapult, although after you resolve those, they go to the side, where they are NOT shuffled back in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Merlin stops the siege engines from a completed quest:
Quote:
In addition, whenever Merlin travels to a Quest that is no longer in play (Quests for Excalibur, the Holy Grail, and Lancelot & the Dragon), the drawing of a corresponding Black card does not trigger the addition of a Siege Engine around Camelot; instead, the Black card drawn is discarded, with no further effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.