United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
24 days of discounts
https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/chaos-christmas-advent-i204

Today: Enter code MEEPLES at the checkout, where it says, "have a discount code, click here to apply it" for 5% off any product in our board game range
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Turl
msg tools
Anyone got any current codes for board games with Chaos Cards??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
tunachunk wrote:
Anyone got any current codes for board games with Chaos Cards??

All the current christmas codes are on their site on the link above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Turl
msg tools
Was just wondering if there was any others.
None on their website atm for boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracey Carvill
United Kingdom
Folkestone
Kent
flag msg tools
Hi, Tracey from Chaos Cards here. The advent calendar is done now, but we'll have new discount codes next week! I'll ask for a board-game related one to be included if possible, just in case there isn't one planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tracey,

Thank you for asking for a board game discount :)

If you're taking suggestions for codes can I also point out that your discount on larger orders is always less than on smaller orders for your codes.

e.g. they're always along the lines off "Get £5 off £40 or get £10 off £150".

So 12.5% discount on a small order vs a 6.67% discount on a large order.

While you can obviously offer whatever discount you like it does mean that my larger orders tend to go to competitors while you usually get my smaller orders, especially with the free shipping threshold being so low.

If the offers scaled in line or even improved for large orders you would likely most often get those too.

Just an observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Got to agree with Barry here. Customers should be incentivised to spend larger amounts of money, with discounts getting larger with the amount spent. I often want to buy more from you each month, but refrain from doing so because the discount (when viewed as a percentage as a result of £X off when you spend £Y on order) isn't as good for the high order value discount codes as it is for the low order value discount codes. Let me give you more money Chaos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they do categorise their customer base with gold/silver/bronze based on a rolling average spend. The different tiers attracting different %ge discounts. Which, in the face of it, is an incentive for customers to spend larger amounts of money with them, but as you say, not necessarily in one large batch.

I use them quite a lot and have enjoyed good service, the main blocker for me placing more orders with them has been them stocking the desired item in the first place, or more specifically being as quick as some competitors at getting new stock listed (e.g. Viticulture EE, Terraforming Mars and Evolution:Climate were all sourced from elsewhere). Stuff like LOTR LCG nightmare packs I have to source from other places. Similarly, whilst I know they will eventually stock the AH LCG playmats, it would be easier if they listed the item and made available to preorder - which might help them with their estimates of required stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sparkle999 wrote:
I think they do categorise their customer base with gold/silver/bronze based on a rolling average spend. The different tiers attracting different %ge discounts. Which, in the face of it, is an incentive for customers to spend larger amounts of money with them, but as you say, not necessarily in one large batch.

Yeah, so the extra 3% off plus 3% cashback is there for gold anyway, plus you can only use each code once. Though realistically I'm only placing an order once a month or so anyway.

sparkle999 wrote:
I use them quite a lot and have enjoyed good service, the main blocker for me placing more orders with them has been them stocking the desired item in the first place, or more specifically being as quick as some competitors at getting new stock listed (e.g. Viticulture EE, Terraforming Mars and Evolution:Climate were all sourced from elsewhere).

Agreed. I'm sure they receive their stock at the same time as everyone else during the week (if not sooner) but they are always a few days behind being able to order something. I'm thinking of Legendary Encounters Alien expansion most recently (it's there now) but it was on the shelf in my FLGSs before they took it off pre-order.

sparkle999 wrote:
Stuff like LOTR LCG nightmare packs I have to source from other places. Similarly, whilst I know they will eventually stock the AH LCG playmats, it would be easier if they listed the item and made available to preorder - which might help them with their estimates of required stock.

Nightmare packs are a bit of a different beast. Esdevium don't seem to regularly bring the PoD stuff over beyond an initial printing and all distributors are limited in when they can get those in. Doubt they're particularly big sellers for CC anyway though.

If we're going through ways for them to improve then:

I'd like to be able to add a pre-order or out of stock game to my wishlist as well and not just "email me when in stock".

I'd like new releases to actually show what's come in by the date it arrived and not be the order it was added to the site in. So this is what is currently - https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/board-games-c800/all-board-game... - no DOOM and no Legendary Encounters Alien, both of which they have in stock.

I'd like the coming soon section to be improved if possible. I like to be able to plan out my purchases.

I'd like to be able to customise what I see. For example I want to follow the releases for all the LCGs, X-Wing and Imperial Assault. At the moment that is tricky to do.

Just a few from the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there any further news at all about any board game discount codes for this week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Sacre
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A newsletter was emailed out on Monday - in there it said that new discount codes would be available next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Rafferty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the final code from the advent calendar is valid till the 8th so I'd guess the next one will drop in around the 9th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.