$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
51 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Amazon UK Lightning Deal - Legends of Andor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tarry
England
London
flag msg tools
Play Up Pompey!
mbmbmbmbmb
12:10pm tomorrow for Prime Members (2nd Dec)
Legends of Andor (Kosmos edition)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015OKL5FY/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_de37...

If it's anything like the Lightning Deal for Lost Cities: The Board Game, it'll go quickly...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Russell
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great spot!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it only for prime members? Maybe it is time to try out that free prime membership hmm..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So how do lightning deals work?

Sorry for my ignorance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At a certain time the deal goes live, and you have 3 - 6 hours to purchase at that price before the deal ends. Prime members get 30mins early access to deals, and if stock goes before the deal is up... tough luck. Once you have the game in your basket you have 15mins to check out or your copy gets put back on sale.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can alerts be setup to notify a prime member of this??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Dales
United Kingdom
Nr. Goole
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leet72 wrote:
Can alerts be setup to notify a prime member of this??


Underneath the deal there's a button saying 'Watch This Deal', which I've clicked but can't find anywhere that you can view items you're watching. Obviously it must do something, but I'm not sure what.

There's also Imhotep coming up tomorrow at 0720.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin _
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
£32....hmmmm tempting
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Pierre
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Got one. £32 which is good value.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
32 gbp 100% claimed. Doesn't seem like that sweet a deal either, does it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke o'reilly
United Kingdom
worthing
flag msg tools
well that sold out quickly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bull
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100% claimed in less than 20secs. Well done everyone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin _
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have one in my basket...Do I really Need another game to add to the unplayed pile...?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Decided to pass on it. How do you find out about upcoming lightning deals? I looked on the deal page linked from the home page but couldn't see this (or any other lightning deals) in the carousel at the top. I think this used to have a split between "Available" and "Upcoming", but I can only see "All Available".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin _
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bought!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin _
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PirateKitten wrote:
Decided to pass on it. How do you find out about upcoming lightning deals? I looked on the deal page linked from the home page but couldn't see this (or any other lightning deals) in the carousel at the top. I think this used to have a split between "Available" and "Upcoming", but I can only see "All Available".


I tend to scroll down and select toys and games (on the left) and just look through the couple of pages it gives.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Rafferty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Below the department selection is also the filter for "Lightning Deals" if you want to see just them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
At a certain time the deal goes live, and you have 3 - 6 hours to purchase at that price before the deal ends. Prime members get 30mins early access to deals, and if stock goes before the deal is up... tough luck. Once you have the game in your basket you have 15mins to check out or your copy gets put back on sale.


Thanks. I managed to check 1t 12.20 and they were all gone. Maybe next time it will be in the evening when we aren't all at work!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bilal Shad
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just to let everybody know that I just purchased Legends of Andor for £30.69 after a handy Flubit. The price has dropped on Amazon to £34.99.

So if anybody missed out on the deal. Flubit the current Amazon link.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please translate 'flubit' for me? I've seen the word used elsewhere on the hot deals forum and have no idea what it means. Is it some kind of discount website?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kirkman
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Can you please translate 'flubit' for me? I've seen the word used elsewhere on the hot deals forum and have no idea what it means. Is it some kind of discount website?


https://flubit.com/
in essence, find a good deal on amazon, put the url into flubit, they try and find someone willing to offer you a better price. Its good sometimes, but when deals disappear quickly they aren't great on making good on their offers - I've had a few things go through only to get cancelled eventually. I'd say worth the risk if its something you aren't overly bothered about, but that if you see terraforming mars for a tenner on amazon - buy first, ask later. That said I guess if you really wanted you could buy it from amazon, as well as trying to bag a bargain from flubit then return the amazon one if you get both... quite a lot of hassle though for what could be a couple of quid
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
joeyk wrote:

Its good sometimes, but when deals disappear quickly they aren't great on making good on their offers - I've had a few things go through only to get cancelled eventually.


Worse, there's been at least one case mentioned on these very forums recently where:
- person A got a deal on Flubit and ordered it
- then they posted the link in Hot Deals
- then person B took another deal on Flubit and ordered it
- then person A got their order cancelled
- then person B got their order delivered

Which is just bizarre. Just be aware: Flubit obey no recognisable rules as to whether or when they will cancel your order. When it works, it's worth having, but don't rely on it for anything that's already a good deal or remotely 'rare'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
joeyk wrote:

Its good sometimes, but when deals disappear quickly they aren't great on making good on their offers - I've had a few things go through only to get cancelled eventually.


Worse, there's been at least one case mentioned on these very forums recently where:
- person A got a deal on Flubit and ordered it
- then they posted the link in Hot Deals
- then person B took another deal on Flubit and ordered it
- then person A got their order cancelled
- then person B got their order delivered

Which is just bizarre. Just be aware: Flubit obey no recognisable rules as to whether or when they will cancel your order. When it works, it's worth having, but don't rely on it for anything that's already a good deal or remotely 'rare'.


They generally save you between 7-15% though I don't think I've had many more than 13%. I would say my average is double figures though.

My flubit account reckons it's saved me £125 roughly since I started using it...does that mean I've spent £1250 on games...

oh fuck
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:

They generally save you between 7-15% though I don't think I've had many more than 13%. I would say my average is double figures though.


When I first started using them I got 10-15% on the first couple of purchases. One was a £200 router, so it was definitely worth the extra wait. The last couple of things I asked for an offer on they gave me a price higher than the one I had on Amazon in the first place!

(I presume this is something to do with postage costs.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyk wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
Can you please translate 'flubit' for me? I've seen the word used elsewhere on the hot deals forum and have no idea what it means. Is it some kind of discount website?


https://flubit.com/
in essence, find a good deal on amazon, put the url into flubit, they try and find someone willing to offer you a better price. Its good sometimes, but when deals disappear quickly they aren't great on making good on their offers - I've had a few things go through only to get cancelled eventually. I'd say worth the risk if its something you aren't overly bothered about, but that if you see terraforming mars for a tenner on amazon - buy first, ask later. That said I guess if you really wanted you could buy it from amazon, as well as trying to bag a bargain from flubit then return the amazon one if you get both... quite a lot of hassle though for what could be a couple of quid


Many thanks Joe. This looks interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.