$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Questions regarding Dominion App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


That App is being discontinued at the end of this month. A new developer will be taking it over. Do not subscribe now.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
darthnice wrote:
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


That App is being discontinued at the end of this month. A new developer will be taking it over. Do not subscribe now.


So there will be no way to play on 1st January 2017? :/ thanks for telling me though, really had no idea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


Empires is not being added, as Shuffle IT will be taking over from 1/1/17. As a result it's probably a bad idea to subscribe now. Just wait until then, and you'll be able to play the game on the new system, which will have monthly subscriptions (of around $3 for all cards, international prices I think are TBA) rather than a one time payment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


Empires is not being added, as Shuffle IT will be taking over from 1/1/17. As a result it's probably a bad idea to subscribe now. Just wait until then, and you'll be able to play the game on the new system, which will have monthly subscriptions (of around $3 for all cards, international prices I think are TBA) rather than a one time payment.
?? Why would international pricing need to be different for a digital board game, unless you're referring to the currency exchange rate?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
I Eat Tables wrote:
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


Empires is not being added, as Shuffle IT will be taking over from 1/1/17. As a result it's probably a bad idea to subscribe now. Just wait until then, and you'll be able to play the game on the new system, which will have monthly subscriptions (of around $3 for all cards, international prices I think are TBA) rather than a one time payment.
?? Why would international pricing need to be different for a digital board game, unless you're referring to the currency exchange rate?


Video games often cost slightly differing amounts in different places.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
darthnice wrote:
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


That App is being discontinued at the end of this month. A new developer will be taking it over. Do not subscribe now.


So there will be no way to play on 1st January 2017? :/ thanks for telling me though, really had no idea.


and people who previously purchased the game are also being screwed ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
Brandonboards wrote:
darthnice wrote:
Brandonboards wrote:
1) when will empires be added?

2) why the subsciption is not yearly made? For example i pay €7.99 today and I would be subscribed till 01.12.17.

Instead if I pay today I'll only be able to play for 1 month and then I need to pay €7.99 more in 1st January.... Doesnt make sense.


That App is being discontinued at the end of this month. A new developer will be taking it over. Do not subscribe now.


So there will be no way to play on 1st January 2017? :/ thanks for telling me though, really had no idea.


and people who previously purchased the game are also being screwed ...
Last I heard, the company taking it over in 2017 (Shuffle iT) said they'll honor previous subscriptions and provide those users with 1 year free online play, or the offline version vs. AI for free. Whether or not it's enough is still under debate, but still a nice gesture none of the less.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandonboards wrote:

So there will be no way to play on 1st January 2017? :/ thanks for telling me though, really had no idea.

The new version is planned to release on 1st January 2017.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole subscription model is kind of absurd when you compare it to the Star Realms digital pricing, which is cheaper and one-time payments.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.