Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG says 1-4 players...is there specifically solo rules? If so has anyone tried/can give their take. With 4 players how many scenarios are 'free for all' (not teams) if any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard draft games can be played by 2 to 4 players in different configurations (1v1, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1, 2v2).

Then there are a number of scenarios enabling different configurations, some of them being solo/coop scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo is limited scenario based. Currently, players fight the Hydra who is automated with an AI.

Seriously, I would not consider this game 1 player. It's a skirmish game that is built for 2+ players fighting against each other.

I like that they are offering the solo scenario, but it is not a core concept of the game, just an addition. I've seen these types of rules written and they often feel very tacked on (I'm looking at you AvP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
Solo is limited scenario based. Currently, players fight the Hydra who is automated with an AI.

Seriously, I would not consider this game 1 player. It's a skirmish game that is built for 2+ players fighting against each other.

I like that they are offering the solo scenario, but it is not a core concept of the game, just an addition. I've seen these types of rules written and they often feel very tacked on (I'm looking at you AvP).

There are also solo/cooperative scenarios and campaign in the expansions, like the Compendium or the Rise of the Titans box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.