So I'm looking to flesh out my teams and would like to add

Human
2 blitzers

Orcs
2 Black orcs
2 blitzers

Skaven
2 Gutter runners

On ebay I only see people listing sprues and I'd rather not spend to purchase additional fodder. is anyone interested in parting w/ these specific models? or has anyone heard of gw's plans on booster packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
So I'm looking to flesh out my teams and would like to add

Human
2 blitzers

Orcs
2 Black orcs
2 blitzers

Skaven
2 Gutter runners

On ebay I only see people listing sprues and I'd rather not spend to purchase additional fodder. is anyone interested in parting w/ these specific models? or has anyone heard of gw's plans on booster packs?

Booster packs are supposedly coming from forgeworld which means they will be costly. My guess is that 4 models pack will run like 30 dollars with no trade discounts available really and no free shipping at reasonable level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ughhhhhh forgeworld is the worst

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
There's a million things I haven't done.
mb
I'd wait and see before committing to anything. The Forge World Packs should feature new sculpts so that all of your players won't look alike, and I imagine we'll hear about something in the next week or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
GW should have just made 8 player sprues instead of 6. 2nd edition had 16 player teams as standard in the box and the team packs. They went cheap in 3rd edition switching to the 12 man standards (some only 11).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
There's a million things I haven't done.
mb
eriochrome wrote:
GW should have just made 8 player sprues instead of 6. 2nd edition had 16 player teams as standard in the box and the team packs. They went cheap in 3rd edition switching to the 12 man standards (some only 11).

Sure, but in 2E they were all the same model! I agree, though. The third parties have made 16 unique players a common standard for teams, and GW should try to keep up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Poynter
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
Are any of the third party figures close to the new scale or are they all noticeably smaller?

Thanks,

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
eriochrome wrote:

Sure, but in 2E they were all the same model! I agree, though. The third parties have made 16 unique players a common standard for teams, and GW should try to keep up!

Not the lead team packs. Those were 16 models often with 10 of more different models depending on the team. And on the plastic, yes they were 16 copies of the same model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
brianpo wrote:
Are any of the third party figures close to the new scale or are they all noticeably smaller?

Thanks,

Brian

Scale is not that important, GW has been all over the scale map as are other manufacturers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianpo wrote:

Thanks,

Brian

i dunno about scale but i havent seen many that really fit the art style

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I have a bunch of the older metal figs, and some third party figs, and the new plastics are a bit bigger, but not terribly so. The base size is different - so I just based my new Skaven on 25mm bases (instead of the new 32mm ones) and they look just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Böhnemann
Germany
flag msg tools
I am hoping there will be an orc booster, soon, with goblins replacing the Throwers (and a Lineman or two) on the sprue. But maybe thats expecting too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
XFreeBirdX wrote:
I am hoping there will be an orc booster, soon, with goblins replacing the Throwers (and a Lineman or two) on the sprue. But maybe thats expecting too much.

It most likely is. They are unlikely to modify the existing sprues. It is likely be resin for the time being unless blood bowl surprises them with extended sales volume. Likely a new 4-6 man sprue would probably get costed as 25+ dollars a piece which is not much savings over another team box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
On ebay I only see people listing sprues

I've seen listings on eBay for pairs of models, not on the sprue. Like 2 Catchers, 2 Blitzers ect... They were going for $6 for a pair when I looked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea since posting this I've seen those too.... but I'm not seeing blitzers for less than 13.50....which just seems steep since you can get the whole 12 for 30....... I'm tempted to just get some of the cooler linemen and call them blitzers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always buy some regular plastic Orks or Orruks and cut off the weapons. The easiest teams are made just by taking a GW boxset and using different bits/poses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.