Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernesto Villanova
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I got an email with the following:

We are glad to announce that Tabletopia is released on Steam and free-to-play now! Registration is now free, as are most of the 300+ games featured on the platform.

This is the link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402560/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
I'm reluctant to use any of these tabletop sims until I know they aren't breaking some form of copyright etc. Have the designers of games like Scythe given their approval for example? I haven't got a clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Scheepers
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
Was trying to play santorini with another player. The game seemed to let them do whatever they wanted. It didn't make anybody follow the rules. Is this right or did I do something wrong. Are all games like this on Tabletopia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
polardude1983 wrote:
Was trying to play santorini with another player. The game seemed to let them do whatever they wanted. It didn't make anybody follow the rules. Is this right or did I do something wrong. Are all games like this on Tabletopia?

Correct. These aren't digital implementations of board games. More digital components.
You need to have an understanding of the rules to play, as you can do anything you can in the physical version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Coles
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simon_j_barnes wrote:
I'm reluctant to use any of these tabletop sims until I know they aren't breaking some form of copyright etc. Have the designers of games like Scythe given their approval for example? I haven't got a clue.

Yes they have. In fact several designers run demos and how to plays on Tabletopia. Was lucky enough myself to sit in on a demo of Near and Far taught by Ryan Laukat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Watters
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
No Linux version, unlike Tabletop Simulator :cry:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Linux will come, one step at a time.

The selection of games is growing and they are all official which is fantastic and the UI is so good. Tabletop does has more games but many are unlicensed and look pretty horrid. I think Tabletopia will become the one to use very soon as they continue to develop it.

Cannot wait for the Android version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
I installed it through Steam but when i click on the desktop shortcut nothing happens. But then it says it is running in my staem window. What am i missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravanna09 wrote:
I installed it through Steam but when i click on the desktop shortcut nothing happens. But then it says it is running in my staem window. What am i missing?

You might be better checking the community hub on steam for the game as, if people are having a similar issue they will discuss there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Ravanna09 wrote:
I installed it through Steam but when i click on the desktop shortcut nothing happens. But then it says it is running in my steam window. What am i missing?
Usually happens when steam or apps are updating. If you can find the steam icon in your taskbar (usually bottom right) try right clicking on it then choose the app (it should appear near the top of the list).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.