Subject: Committing Research to captured Rival Advancements? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Parker
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
When you capture a Rival's Research Node, he's to surrender one of his Project to you, and you're to place it in your Project Area.

It's not explicit, but under the Commit Research section on page 9, am I to understand that we can commit research to captured Rival Advancements?

Or are captured Rival Advancements only trophies denying advantages to the original Owner?

(I can't see the Federation committing Research to a captured Tal Shiar advancement or to Klingon Combat Transporters. But the Romulans researching Long Range Sensor Arrays sounds pretty sweet. And the Federation could plausibly research Romulan Superior Shield Harmonics.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You may choose to keep them as an active project. If you do, you can commit research as normal. If not, they go to the bottom of the owner's deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a game once where due to the Orion weapons traders exploration card the Federation developed Advanced Romulan Cloaking, while the Romulans developed Star Fleet Academy... talk about strange outcomes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its kind of like the Mirror Universe encounter card in Star Trek Fleet Captains, where you exchange your hand of cards with another player!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.