United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To partisipate you must be able to ship and receive from/to a US address.

Deadline to submit offers: December 5th, 10:00p Eastern
Deadline to submit wants: December 8th. 10:00p Eastern

Shipping:Should you not specify any shipping restrictions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping prohibitions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class, ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the mattercool

Trade Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217818/december-16-us-mat...
Request Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217819/december-16-us-mat...

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1This trade will utilize the OLWLG (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade.

d10-2You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts. Should you find your game is in lesser condition than you originally listed it. Do not edit the listing. Delete it and relist.

d10-3Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions.

Sample Description:

Condition: 1 corner dented(Photo Below)
Edition: Multilingual 2nd
Ships: Free to all 50 incl MPO's

d10-4Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly displays in the OLWLG.

d10-5If you have reason to remove an item, please DELETE it. The OLWLG handles this just fine. See rule 6.

d10-6Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

d10-7Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason. You will need to use outside the scope of BGG and altname tags.

d10-8 Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage. This means that if you are offering a gift card or cash equivalent, you may not add a gift card or cash as a want for that item. If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

d10-9 Do not use a listing for items unless you are offering that listing. For example, do not list a game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.

d10-1d10-0Any disputes will be mediated by the moderator. Results not final until posted by the moderator.

A Personal note, please read:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades.

I am running this trade because I think that MT's are the best part of our hobby and I want to make some trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons(to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed partisipating in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

Helpful Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies

ITERATIONS=25
SEED=120116
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Monday, December 5th, 2016, 10:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, December 8th, 2016, 10:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be a quick one folks. If you won't be able to submit in the window, you should skip this one. #onedayeveryonewillsubmitwants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Tillman
United States
O Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
This is going to be a quick one folks. If you won't be able to submit in the window, you should skip this one. #onedayeveryonewillsubmitwants
Maybe not in time for you and me but #somedayatchrismastime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Am I missing something? I don't see this MT listed in the OLWLG...
Is it just too soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, too soon. It has to be added manually by Jeffyjeff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon L
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigdanorama wrote:
Thanks for running this!

Yeah, thanks again Ben for taking the time to do this for us every month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a lot of little games that have never been dealt, should I combine them with notes that say feel free to tell me to keep anything you do not want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrotos wrote:
I have a lot of little games that have never been dealt, should I combine them with notes that say feel free to tell me to keep anything you do not want?

depends on how bad you want to move them versus how much you want to get for them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
Scrotos wrote:

depends on how bad you want to move them versus how much you want to get for them...

I just want them gone for anything I might like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feldfan2014 wrote:
Is it just too soon?

Hm... it shows up in the list of active no-shipping trades...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebb Carrier
United States
Georgetown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben! I appreciate the last couple you've run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else having problems with the new items not showing up in your subscriptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Wretched Git wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
Is it just too soon?

Hm... it shows up in the list of active no-shipping trades...

Yep, between my first post and yours, it was added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillicanDarque wrote:
Anyone else having problems with the new items not showing up in your subscriptions?

It seems to be a site issue.

Also affecting 2016 BGG Supporter Badge Drive / Rummage-O-Rama Give-Away - Free Games (some with Free Worldwide Shipping)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least it's not just me. Glad to know that. Kinda was wondering if that was the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the easiest way to mark games in the trade that I am interested in? I read once where someone said to subscribe to the games you like, but how do you utilize that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
What's the easiest way to mark games in the trade that I am interested in? I read once where someone said to subscribe to the games you like, but how do you utilize that?

Above in the 'forums' drop down menu select 'subscriptions' then 'manage subscriptions' then 'geeklist items'. This will show everything you subscribed to and provide a link to the geeklist item.

You could also thumb them and then look in your profile for thumbed items.

I use a pen and paper to note game names and then search the statistics page in the olwlg to find all copies offered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:

The "easiest" way will take some time. Whenever you visit BGG and you go to the page of a game you have an interest in, click the add to collection tab, and add it to your wishlist, want to play list, etc. Then after you sync up with the olwlg, click on the magnifying glassd at the top. The olwlg will list only the games on your lists (in color codes) skipping over all the things you have no interest in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike paul
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You have been hexed!
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:

I for one welcome the faster math trade turnaround.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
eimative wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

I for one welcome the faster math trade turnaround.
Thanks.

Me too. I would not participate if it was a longer one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
Apologies if this is a silly question, it's my first math trade. Do the items I list in the trade take time to show up on the OLWLG? I listed several games that show up in the geeklist, but the OLWLG doesn't have them, and they don't show up when I try to edit my wants.

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed the note on the website. The list needs to be resynced periodically. I'll be more patient
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
This "will buy from Amazon"approach is very interesting! https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217818/item/5065004#item5... I guess it's a way to get around the GC or GG tax but in some way breaks my idea of what a Math Trade typically is - trading my old unwanted stuff for your old unwanted stuff. I may do this in the future to try to get something good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Sylvania
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has happened to me more than once. The game shipped to me from Amazon but it was in a math trade. I had imagined it was because the shipping was more than they expected or maybe they regretted the trade. No complaints, I got a new game but I agree it is different than the spirit of the trade. I guess it's not much different than trading for gift cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.