Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or did over 100 Satan levels just get purchased in the last few hours? I could have sworn that there were about 200 when I looked this morning and now there are less than 50. Also in the last 12 hours funding has gone up more than we have gone up most entire days (at least according to kicktraq).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Is it just me or did over 100 Satan levels just get purchased in the last few hours? I could have sworn that there were about 200 when I looked this morning and now there are less than 50. Also in the last 12 hours funding has gone up more than we have gone up most entire days (at least according to kicktraq).

I know at least 1 that dropped out from MB: P and took a Satan pledge. Maybe more than one did. I also dropped form MB: P, but i only had a low pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I am going crazy. Another 12 were bought since I posted 20 min ago. If they are all coming from MBP, that project must be losing a lot of support here at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What is MB: P?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mythic Battles: Pantheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Swiss
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mythic Battles: Pantheon, another miniatures kickstarter in the final hours of its campaign. It's tacked on another 500k+ in the past day so id say it's doing fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign is catching national coverage. I'm sure more news means more interested parties coming out of the woodwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
The campaign is catching national coverage. I'm sure more news means more interested parties coming out of the woodwork.
Yeah I definitely expected it was kind of this, but with the recent burst, I thought it was something specific like it being featured in major news outlet. I mean the Fortune article from days ago didn't create this kind of response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
It may also be that the reveal of such a huge expansion, the Screaming God, is pushing people to pledge either more money for the expansion or upgrading to a tier that already includes it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Screaming God sounds too good to pass up. Definitely tacking this one onto my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
They get 500K in their final day, we get 400K at a normal day 1/5 into the campaign hahah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the CNBC article just dropped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Media coverage, and people who kept watching the level and thought "maybe I'll change, but I don't know yet" realized "if I don't change now, I won't because they'll all be gone"?

Currently, there's 24 left. Personally, I changed two days ago, so I'm fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quite a bit of content has been revealed too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
19 left now. Funny thing is that the $927 level has not been selling nearly as fast. I would have thought the effect of the Screaming God would have been felt there too. It really seems like a lot of people are just going all in, at least for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
panwuan wrote:
They get 500K in their final day, we get 400K at a normal day 1/5 into the campaign hahah

For each SL pledge Pantheon need 17 pledges or 3 all-ins and 2 normals Average Pantheon is 195 (so 60-70% of the backers have choosen one of the all-in-pledges, not waiting to add it later because of SGs) and 480 for KDM.

I would not totally back out of pantheon as even $1 gives you a chance to buy all you might want later, but if the last 17 SL are gone? who knows if there will be other special pledges.
And we stil need over 400$ in SGs to be revealed, most likely a lot more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went Satan's Lantern. The price was a hard pill to swallow, but after the disappointment of finding out about KD:M long after it was done the first time around, I really wanted to play catch-up and I think there's a lot of people that feel the same.

However, $1,666 is a LOT of money. A lot can change for people in a month's time. I imagine we'll see a lot of Satan's Lantern Pledges drop and then get snapped back up by others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
ras2124 wrote:
19 left now. Funny thing is that the $927 level has not been selling nearly as fast. I would have thought the effect of the Screaming God would have been felt there too. It really seems like a lot of people are just going all in, at least for now.

The 927 level is a bit of an odd duck. Aimed mostly at people who don't have the core game but its likely if they don't have the core game they will not have the original expansion and hence since we are all nuts in this hobby we want everything! haha

I was a bit surprised the twin Satan Level is lasting as long as it is, to be fair though circa 1700 is a lot of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bibious wrote:
I was a bit surprised the twin Satan Level is lasting as long as it is, to be fair though circa 1700 is a lot of money.

With shipping, it might be closer to $1.9-2k, at least going by the guide. It makes sense that people want it all, but when you consider there are over 1300 people paying nearly 2 thousand dollars at once for a single game they will get over the course of say 4 years, it is kind of crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
Yup good point I always forget about shipping luckily most of us in this hobby are crazy!

For those of you who don't have the game yet, it is definitely worth the money; if you can afford it. But the base game alone is amazing as well and will keep you happy for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From looking at stock market today, one could conclude that investment bankers and hedge firms have decided to speculate in KD:M, and thus are selling their stocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9 left now. Apparently KD:M is the new gold of investments.

It will definitely be interesting to see where Poots goes from here. With the highest tiers sold out, it will be hard to get the pledge amount to keep the pace until more add-ons are added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
ras2124 wrote:

I'm not sure who the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face is actually intended for. If you already own the game and all the current expansions you'd rather have the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern. I know the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern sold out really fast, so I suspect some are grabbing the 2nd Face and planning on selling their existing game or grabbing an update pack and selling the extra game they get with their pledge.

The bigger surprise to me is that the Ancient Gold Lantern $750 pledge has under 400 backers. It's basically the Black Friday Gold Lantern pledge with all current expansions for half price. Instead of pledging the Satan's Lantern, why aren't more people taking Ancient Gold Lantern, then adding all new expansions and saving a bunch of money by passing on the pinups and promos? I guess everyone loves the pinups and promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a month to go on the KS project there is a lot of unknowns still to be revealed. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pledge swapping before the project ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
jpauljohnson wrote:
[q="ras2124"]....The bigger surprise to me is that the Ancient Gold Lantern $750 pledge has under 400 backers. It's basically the Black Friday Gold Lantern pledge with all current expansions for half price. Instead of pledging the Satan's Lantern, why aren't more people taking Ancient Gold Lantern, then adding all new expansions and saving a bunch of money by passing on the pinups and promos? I guess everyone loves the pinups and promos?

The AGL will always be available, the other pledges will be gone in a few minutes. An AGL with new addons (gamer pledge) already costs $875 and most likely will go up. Remember that the Gamblers 2nd ist still over 350 dollars short, so there must be a lot of stuff in the next month. Maybe the SL pledge will have a gaming value of 1500 or more in the end, so you would get all the other nice stuff almost free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.