Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Dinkheller
Germany
Hilden
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I am currently playing a Solo game and at round 3 I am currently at 150 points. That seems strange to me, so that I wanted to ask you if I misunderstood the rules.

- I have two towns (German "Dorf")
Do I get a meeple each time I build something?
Do I get two meeples for building, as I get the production costs right away PLUS the build bonus?

- the Ruins (German "Ruinen")

- the wood storage (German "Holzlager")
Do I get 1 point (Star) each time I build something (at the current hand 6) and draw a card?

If all this is correct I can quit the game at this point, because I will gather each time I build something:
- 5 meeples
- 1 stone
- 10 points
- one card
- 1 coin and another star if I build BROWN or BLACK

This is the 3rd time I play the game. First game I made 35 points, second was 59 points and now ...

Here is my current deck:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't read german, but I'll try helping from memory (I don't have the cards with me)

kurt001 wrote:

- I have two towns (German "Dorf")

No. You only get the building bonus (baupramie) when you building the location, it's a one time effect.

Quote:
Do I get two meeples for building, as I get the production costs right away PLUS the build bonus?

Yes.

Quote:
- the Ruins (German "Ruinen")

No. You only get the building bonus (baupramie) when you building the location, it's a one time effect.

Quote:
- the wood storage (German "Holzlager")
Do I get 1 point (Star) each time I build something (at the current hand 6) and draw a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can see, you misunderstood how Production, Feature and Action work (sorry for English terms - they are written on the player pad).

Buildings with "Production" produce goods (mentioned under the word "Production") once they are built and then at the production phase of each round. - Town goes here.

Buildings with "Feature" work passively and trigger on conditions mentioned on the cards (for example, each time you build Brown card, each time you raze a card etc.)

Buildings with "Action" need to be activated manually, usually by spending some goods.

Any of these types can have "Building bonus" - you receive these goods once only, when you built the card.

For cards you asked about:
Dorf: you got 1 meeple (baupraemie) + 1 meeple (produktion) when you built the card. Later you will get 1 meeple (produktion) at the production phase of each round.

Ruinen: you got 1 meeple (baupraemie) when you built the card. That's it.

Holzlager: you got 1 star for every brown card (including this one) in your empire - that is, "built" on your table, not in hand (but no more than 6) - and 1 card when you built this Holzlager. That's it, you will get nothing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Dinkheller
Germany
Hilden
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks a lot for your help @Alienka and @Aztarun.

That helped a lot.

So only cards with an ability/feature (not sure about the English word) have an ongoing effect.
Barbarian: 4 cards
Public: 6 cards

Everything else in the feature cards is a one timer.

Thanks again.
Kurt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurt001 wrote:
So only cards with an ability/feature (not sure about the English word) have an ongoing effect.
Barbarian: 4 cards
Public: 6 cards

Everything else in the feature cards is a one timer.

I'm not sure which cards you mentioned there, but I wanted to add that 2 cards on your photo work as you thought - Grenze and Zimmerei give you bonus each time you build black (or brown) card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Dinkheller
Germany
Hilden
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Alienka wrote:

...I wanted to add that 2 cards on your photo work as you thought - Grenze and Zimmerei give you bonus each time you build black (or brown) card.

Thanks. That is 1/4 from the Barbarians and 1/6 from the Overall deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.