Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Booster Box Luck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in any of you guys that have purchased booster boxes what your luck has been? I purchased 2.

For me box 1 gave me 6 Legendaries (the average), and a nice overall spread of cards. I got only one duplicate set of rare/legendary cards and that was Qui-Gon. And when I separated all the cards into faction and color the stacks were all very similar in size so that was nice. Obviously it would have been nice to get some duplicates for some of the rares/legendaries as the characters at least really need them, but getting variety is nice. I did, however, get 5 rares that come in the starter set.

Box 2 also gave me 6 legendaries (seems to be a trend), and again a nice overall spread of cards. I got a couple of duplicate rares in the box but no more than 2. I did get 4 rares from the starter set though.

Starter set cards in random boosters is very dumb.

In neither set did I get the wrong die in a pack, and as far as I can tell, there have been no misprints. To be honest though I haven't completely checked them.

I did notice that my Darth Vader die is slightly askew, but it should affect gameplay or anything, just one of the sides is not perfectly in the center.

In one of my starter sets though I had a misprinted Kylo Ren die that had a wrong die face one it.

Overall I am happy with what I got although the distribution and the almost requirement to have 2 copies of characters makes it very tough. What were you experiences?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamjuven wrote:
Starter set cards in random boosters is very dumb.


Actually, I'm glad that can happen. Easier to facilitate multiple decks with shared cards without getting more starters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I can't imagine it's cheaper that way. If they just did singleton starter only cards (exception to maybe Rey and Kylo) the people that wanted more could get them, and if not people could buy booster packs without worrying they would get something they could be guaranteed to get in the starter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamjuven wrote:
Interesting. I can't imagine it's cheaper that way. If they just did singleton starter only cards (exception to maybe Rey and Kylo) the people that wanted more could get them, and if not people could buy booster packs without worrying they would get something they could be guaranteed to get in the starter.


Yeah, I'm with you, and I can't even see a valid argument on the other side. If something's in a starter, and it's at a rarity level high enough to create scarcity in a booster, should not be in boosters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you noticed if the legendaries tend to come from boosters residing in the middle of the box? trying to figure out if there's a pattern.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not notice that. One thing I did notice is not a single die was in the placeholder within the pack, lol.

I took out my packs as they dropped in the booster box and both boxes seemed to be different. The first one I got almost all my legendaries early and then not til the very end. The 2nd box was more spread out. Both boxes gave me a legendary on my 2nd opened pack interestingly enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Yeah, I'm with you, and I can't even see a valid argument on the other side.


The ONLY thing I am waiting to see on for the other side of the argument, is how drafting or sealed tournaments will work. Because if those formats are fun then I can see it being cool to still be able to get BB-8 or Rey's Staff, etc when I'm drafting.

But if they come out with drafting rules and like you can always bring the full starters or something as part of it, then f*ck that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Hopp
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My first box leaned heavily yellow and only had 5 red dice total. I ended up pulling 7 duplicate rares and near the end of the feed, pulled 3 legendary in a row. Hoping to get a better spread from my second box!

Second feed not as skewed, but still less red cards/dice than yellow and blue. Ended up with duplicate Holocrons, Gaffi Stick, Qui-Gon (again), Padme, Datapad & Holdout Blaster. Legendaries were: Vader, Kylo Saber, Poe, Launch Bay, One With the Force & Falcon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After opening the two booster boxes I preordered I can tell you that I was able to pull 6 Legendary cards from each box. Good news is that I pulled these Legendary cards from the first box:

Darth Vader
Jabba the Hutt
One With the Force
Thermal Detonator
Launch Bay

Not so good news is that I pulled exactly the same Legendary cards from the second box. The other Legendary cards I pulled were Captain Phasma and Black One (one from the first box and the other from the second box.). Very bad distribution as far as Legendary cards go. Sorry but pulling the same a Legendary card five out of six pulls is sad. Love the game but sad to have pulled the five out of six of the same Legendary cards as I did from the first box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one booster box.

Legendary pulls (6): Vader, Poe, AT-ST, Jabba, Falcon, One with the Force
Rare duplicates (7!): Holocron(!!!), Padme, Holdout Blaster, Gaffi Stick, Qui-Gon, Cunning, Datapad

I was fine with the legendary pull, but the dupe rares were a let down. I am waiting on a Saga set from TC, so I am going to use a lot of this as trade fodder - I will need another Force Choke, Han, and Crime Lord.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one box and got some really good pulls.

Vader, Luke, Falcon, Launch Bay, Thermal Detenator, Force Choke.

Previously I had purchased about 26 single packs and I can tell you that unless you feel lucky the box is the way the go.
a) The bulk price should be cheaper; let's face it...you'll probably end up buying that many anyway.
b) You guarantee that 1 in 6 chance to get a Legendary. I wasn't lucky with my single pulls and only ended up with a couple legendary cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Naraja
msg tools
Bought 2 boxes with my buddy. We had the same spread of cards with 6 legendaries in each.


First box got Vader and Luke which was awesome.

2nd box we got Poe/Black One and Han/Millennium Falcon along with another Vader.

Spoke with a couple folks at my local shop. It looks like boxes are definitely the way to go. You are guaranteed 6 legendaries. Split them up with a friend or 2 other friends and you get 2 legendaries at the very least.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwiser wrote:

Not so good news is that I pulled exactly the same Legendary cards from the second box.


Shoot I'd love that, duplicate legendary are super useful. Much better than only 1 especially for the characters.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 6 Boosters and one store today (they limited it to 6 per customer), then I went to another store and got another 6. I pulled 3 Legendary cards, so I guess I'm lucky.

But I still felt underwhelmed. I got Gen Grievous, Padme, and 2 Tusken Raiders. I was hoping for more cool characters to be able to use. I haven't played yet, but I have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to start. It just seems you need to spend too damn much money to get anything cool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dortch
United States
Sparta
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
I bought 6 Boosters and one store today (they limited it to 6 per customer), then I went to another store and got another 6. I pulled 3 Legendary cards, so I guess I'm lucky.

But I still felt underwhelmed. I got Gen Grievous, Padme, and 2 Tusken Raiders. I was hoping for more cool characters to be able to use. I haven't played yet, but I have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to start. It just seems you need to spend too damn much money to get anything cool.


Bought 3 booster packs. Guy at the store pulled them from the front of the newly opened box. Got Millennium Falcon, Crime Lord, and Sith Holocron. Not too shabby a pull I'd say.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Luck is the key word.

Having scored 0 legendaries out of 6 booster packs during the pre-release event, I purchased a booster box on Day 1 knowing my odds were guaranteed. Here is what purple yielded:

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Black One
Commanding Presence
Launch Bay


Day 2 found me craving more power cards with the hope of extending my breadth of purple cards. I nabbed booster box #2 from a different store and although I resisted ripping it open when I got home, a few hours later and I longed for the sensation of tearing the plastic wrapper from end to end, watching the machined cut grow to the length of the booster pack until the cardboard sleeve and die were able to be freed completely. I found it more soothing than punching cardboard, and certainly more intriguing because the contents are a mystery.

For this box I grabbed packs randomly from different areas of the box to see if I could pull all the legendaries well before I got through all the packs. It wasn't until pack 33 that I located the last legendary. By then there was no point saving just 3 packs for later, right? Here is what that box yielded:

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Black One
Commanding Presence
Launch Bay


Yes, I pulled the same 6 legendaries as in my first box despite my efforts. Not terrible though, having snagged a 2nd Darth Vader die and also a Tuscan Raider (actually 2) which filled a void on my want list.

Prior to opening box #2 I lacked 36 cards out of the overall Awakening series. After box #2 I still lack 25 cards. That too was a bit disappointing, considering the amount spent but hey, I can't complain. I've never played a CCG to have a historical sour taste lingering in my mouth. Perhaps my breath will turn over time, but by then rehab may be my only way out.







1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad_Ash wrote:
Luck is the key word.

Having scored 0 legendaries out of 6 booster packs during the pre-release event, I purchased a booster box on Day 1 knowing my odds were guaranteed. Here is what purple yielded:

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Black One
Commanding Presence
Launch Bay


Day 2 found me craving more power cards with the hope of extending my breadth of purple cards. I nabbed booster box #2 from a different store and although I resisted ripping it open when I got home, a few hours later and I longed for the sensation of tearing the plastic wrapper from end to end, watching the machined cut grow to the length of the booster pack until the cardboard sleeve and die were able to be freed completely. I found it more soothing than punching cardboard, and certainly more intriguing because the contents are a mystery.

For this box I grabbed packs randomly from different areas of the box to see if I could pull all the legendaries well before I got through all the packs. It wasn't until pack 33 that I located the last legendary. By then there was no point saving just 3 packs for later, right? Here is what that box yielded:

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Black One
Commanding Presence
Launch Bay


Yes, I pulled the same 6 legendaries as in my first box despite my efforts. Not terrible though, having snagged a 2nd Darth Vader die and also a Tuscan Raider (actually 2) which filled a void on my want list.

Prior to opening box #2 I lacked 36 cards out of the overall Awakening series. After box #2 I still lack 25 cards. That too was a bit disappointing, considering the amount spent but hey, I can't complain. I've never played a CCG to have a historical sour taste lingering in my mouth. Perhaps my breath will turn over time, but by then rehab may be my only way out.



Odd, but frankly outstanding luck. Most people are going to have to trade/buy for their second Legendary die and you have your 2 dice for every legendary already. My boosters show up tomorrow (2 boxes) I hope I have your luck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stockton
msg tools
mb
I suppose I lucked out. 10 boosters, 2 legendaries.

Han and Kylo's Lightsaber
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought 1 sealed booster box, 36 loose packs over 2-3 purchases and then another 4 packs just last week.

I ended up with 13 legendary cards. 2 Jabba The Hut, 1 Luke Skywalker, 1 Han Solo, 1 Vader, 1 Millennium Falcon, 1 Poe Dameron, 1 Thermal Detonator, 3 Commanding Presence, 1 Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber and 1 Kylo Ren's Lightsaber.

I got a set of every common except Personal Escort. Still need one.
I got a set of every uncommon except:

0 Tactical Mastery
1 Local Garrison
1 Emperor's Favor
0 Hidden In Shadow
1 Confiscation
1 Fight Dirty
1 Retreat
1 Resistance HQ
0 Willpower
1 Shoot First
0 Second Chance
1 Dug In
1 Mind Trick
1 Infamous

So missing 18 uncommon. It's kind of annoying that they're basically as rare as rares themselves.

I won't bother to list all the rares I do not have but I will say I pulled VERY few starter deck rares. 7 in total.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OathSworn wrote:
So missing 18 uncommon. It's kind of annoying that they're basically as rare as rares themselves.

Yeah, an uncommon is basically a rare without the die.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Kaminski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Bigsixer wrote:
Bad_Ash wrote:
Luck is the key word.

Having scored 0 legendaries out of 6 booster packs during the pre-release event, I purchased a booster box on Day 1 knowing my odds were guaranteed. Here is what purple yielded:

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Black One
Commanding Presence
Launch Bay


Day 2 found me craving more power cards with the hope of extending my breadth of purple cards. I nabbed booster box #2 from a different store and although I resisted ripping it open when I got home, a few hours later and I longed for the sensation of tearing the plastic wrapper from end to end, watching the machined cut grow to the length of the booster pack until the cardboard sleeve and die were able to be freed completely. I found it more soothing than punching cardboard, and certainly more intriguing because the contents are a mystery.

For this box I grabbed packs randomly from different areas of the box to see if I could pull all the legendaries well before I got through all the packs. It wasn't until pack 33 that I located the last legendary. By then there was no point saving just 3 packs for later, right? Here is what that box yielded:

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Black One
Commanding Presence
Launch Bay


Yes, I pulled the same 6 legendaries as in my first box despite my efforts. Not terrible though, having snagged a 2nd Darth Vader die and also a Tuscan Raider (actually 2) which filled a void on my want list.

Prior to opening box #2 I lacked 36 cards out of the overall Awakening series. After box #2 I still lack 25 cards. That too was a bit disappointing, considering the amount spent but hey, I can't complain. I've never played a CCG to have a historical sour taste lingering in my mouth. Perhaps my breath will turn over time, but by then rehab may be my only way out.



Odd, but frankly outstanding luck. Most people are going to have to trade/buy for their second Legendary die and you have your 2 dice for every legendary already. My boosters show up tomorrow (2 boxes) I hope I have your luck!


How'd you do with your two boxes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.