Artifacts, Inc.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Curator card and Headquarters card and a bonus question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Licious
msg tools
mbmbmb
Curator

Do I receive 3 bonus reputation points after I upgrade the card if it is places next to the starting "Adventurers" card?

Do I receive bonus reputation after upgrading or placing D or E cards (Adventurer) next to the upgraded "Curator"? Or do i receive the bonus reputation points after upgrading the Curator without any further bonuses for adding adventures next to it? (bottom to it or left and right)

Headquarters

When upgrading the Headquarters can I use the other Buy (or upgrade) action in the same round I upgraded the card?

Other question.

The cards that give bonus points for adjacent cards do they apply only when upgrading or if you place an A card next to a card that gives bonus points for adjacent A cards you receive another bonus point?

Lets say you have you buy an "tour agency" card and you place it so that on top of it there is an "A" card and to the left another "A" ... i would receive 3 point for building it and 2 bonus points for the card adjacent to it. If next round i place an "A" card on the right side do I receive 1 point bonus from the "tour agency"?

P.S. what happens if you can't place a dice? (you roll small numbers in the begging?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all of your questions about points.

The way points work in this game is that anytime you upgrade or purchase a card you get ALL of the points you can. The only exception is the card that gives bonus points for museum majority. You cannot get those points immediately because museum majority and scoring is not determined until the end of the game.

If you upgrade the headquarters card then the die you placed on that card to upgrade it goes into one of the two spots on the other side of card and then you can still use the second buy space on the upgraded side of the card.

The other way this game differs slightly from other work placement games is that you take the action as soon as you place your worker (the die) on a space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Licious
msg tools
mbmbmb
And do the "C" deck card that give you bonuses for the diving treasures apply only directly or if you get another, lets say, "sunken city" do you receive 1 reputation for the card and 1 reputation for having the "C" card that gives bonuses for "sunken cities?"

P.S. So the "Curator" can give you a bonus of 6 reputation points if upgraded at the right time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liciousx wrote:
And do the "C" deck card that give you bonuses for the diving treasures apply only directly or if you get another, lets say, "sunken city" do you receive 1 reputation for the card and 1 reputation for having the "C" card that gives bonuses for "sunken cities?"

P.S. So the "Curator" can give you a bonus of 6 reputation points if upgraded at the right time?

I assume you are talking about the card named "Explorer Society" that is in the C deck and does the following:

-Is worth 3 victory points immediately upon purchase.
-Provides +1 per sunken city card
-Can be upgraded to provide a total of 7 victory points (so +4 more than the original value).

With this card (and cards similar to it) you have a couple of situations where you will get points from it:

1) You get the 3 victory points IMMEDIATELY upon purchase of it. Also, at the time of purchase you get +1 bonus point per Sunken City card you already possess at the time you bought the "Explorer Society" card.
2) Anytime you get an additional Sunken City card (after buying the "Explorer Society" card) you immediately score the +1 bonus point.
3) If you update the "Explorer Society" card to the side that makes the card be worth 7 victory points you get an immediate additional +4 bonus points (NOT +7 as the card's total value went from 3 to 7).

Hope that makes sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Licious
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the explanation, you really been great

It's weird that you receive bonus points even after you own the building. That part confuses me a bit. Usually at other games you receive the bonus part only when you build something and not after as well.

Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liciousx wrote:
Thank you for the explanation, you really been great

It's weird that you receive bonus points even after you own the building. That part confuses me a bit. Usually at other games you receive the bonus part only when you build something and not after as well.

Thanks a lot

Yes, the point system in this game is a little unique. That's why I always rescore everyone at the end of their turn just in case someone gets past 20. The end game can come very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Licious
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, sometimes it seem a little to short. Until I get a "engine" going on the game is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've found in my games is that, for the most part, the game only seems to last just one or two more turns by the time someone reaches half-way on the score board (10 points). Yes. It can come VERY early but it is meant to be a fairly quick playing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.