Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Any sightings of Destiny at big box stores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler H

Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see any at Walmart or the Barnes & Nobles near me, but didn't know if others had seen the game at stores like these. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS is full of it and I'm done with them, it's ridiculous.

They had so many people asking about boosters and starter packs, what they had left after the initial rush they marked up to $3.99 a booster and $25 for a starter.

You'd think they wouldn't explain their price markup to someone in person, especially something as 'well its pretty hot so someone will pay it'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt P
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats complete bull shit that they upped the price. I would never go back to that store and I'd be sure to leave some feedback on their store where ever I could.

Being out of the product isn't a stores fall with this Destiny release, but jacking up the price is super shitty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
'well its pretty hot so someone will pay it'.

I'd send an email to FFG.

They might not be able to do anything about it, but they might not consider them for nice treatment in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Dobyns
United States
Markleeville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
My FLGS is full of it and I'm done with them, it's ridiculous.

They had so many people asking about boosters and starter packs, what they had left after the initial rush they marked up to $3.99 a booster and $25 for a starter.

You'd think they wouldn't explain their price markup to someone in person, especially something as 'well its pretty hot so someone will pay it'.

That is complete crap! I hope those bastards get stuck with it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler H

Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 local game stores in my area and none of them even got any SW Destiny in today for release...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My LGS got a decent amount of stuff although they think they will sell out today. They are planning to get a lot more. They never hike up prices or anything like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
comet4141 wrote:
I didn't see any at Walmart or the Barnes & Nobles near me, but didn't know if others had seen the game at stores like these. Thanks!

In the short term, it seems the answer is 'no.'

From FFG Organized Play on Twitter:

Quote:
It is currently only available at hobby game stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler H

Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Todd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Hillean wrote:

They might not be able to do anything about it, but they might not consider them for nice treatment in the future.

I thought ANA only cares if your prices are too LOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Hillean wrote:

I thought ANA only cares if your prices are too LOW.

That only applies to online stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Webster
United States
PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our FLGS is only allowing one of each starter and one booster box per person through the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Ok, i'll bite.

I don't get the rage over the hike in price?

Is it crazy for stores to do this to make more money?

Economics 101 - Supply and Demand.

Stop raging at FLGS for taking advantage of it, and rage at FFG.

I wish I bought up some booster boxes. Id be selling them off for 160$ a piece. Why? Because they have sold for that much. I can make double my money spent.

Every release they have had in the semi recent timeline of their games has been sold out/hard to find for 3-4 weeks after first wave release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Ok, i'll bite.

no hate on the store if they're upfront about it and make it clear that your about to pay a major premium to get this now. otherwise, i think there's an expectation as a customer that new products with MSRP are sold no higher than MSRP.

i paid well above MSRP for a game at a LGS when i first got into the hobby, not realizing i was getting bent over. i felt taken advantage of when i found out that online game stores had it for a lot less ($60 less than what i paid).

needless to say, they have since lost out on hundreds of sales from me. i'll never go there again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mauigreen wrote:
scourn1 wrote:
Ok, i'll bite.

no hate on the store if their upfront about it and make it clear that your about to pay a major premium to get this now. otherwise, i think there's an expectation as a customer that new products with MSRP are sold no higher than MSRP.

i paid well above MSRP for a game at a LGS when i first got into the hobby, not realizing i was getting bent over. i felt taken advantage of when i found out that online game stores had it for a lot less ($60 less than what i paid).

needless to say, they have since lost out on hundreds of sales from me. i'll never go there again.

That's simply fixed by consumer education.

I cant imagine running out to a store, buying a item for whatever price, then looking up info/cost on the item later on.

Again, not the FLGS fault. Go to the source, FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Ok, i'll bite.

Is it crazy for stores to do this to make more money?

Economics 101 - Supply and Demand.

Stop raging at FLGS for taking advantage of it, and rage at FFG.

I wish I bought up some booster boxes. Id be selling them off for 160$ a piece. Why? Because they have sold for that much. I can make double my money spent.

Every release they have had in the semi recent timeline of their games has been sold out/hard to find for 3-4 weeks after first wave release.

If I went to a store that had jacked up the price of something, I would never shop there again. Is squeezing a few bucks out of somebody worth losing customers long term? I guess it's up to them to decide.

It's great that you are an aspiring entrepreneur/wannabe scalper, but I think your anger at FFG is misplaced. They want the product to be out - they aren't making more money from the scalping. The only one who benefits is the store at the expense of the desperate sucker overpaying.

Dice Masters was hard to find when it first came out, and it really took the fun out of it for me for a few months. I was pumped about this game and hope it doesn't take several months to find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is game stores like the one who charge more than MSRP that give ALL game stores a black eye. Game stores have a HUGE advantage with Destiny as they are the only ones who have it for sell on release and to charge more just because you have it...let me just say it is things like this that make me shake my head.

FFG/Asmodee tried to help these game stores by releasing Destiny to them before you will find it at big box stores which help with game stores sells. So blaming FFG/Asmodee is rather silly and I for one, for what it is worth, think game stores like this are very much taking advantage of this and would like to see it stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You both must have fanboy FFG blindness.

I love their games but really? Your saying I'm wrong in what I said?

Why are the prices so high? No supply of the product.

Who supplies the product? FFG

Why does FFG never in any game have enough product on release? To create demand for the game.

My "anger" (not really anger, its just facts) at FFG is the fact that they do this for every big release like this.

Arkham LCG, that was literally impossible to find for 2 weeks in the US. Stores were super allocated 4-6 of them and that was it. Some places it took 3-4 weeks to get any in.

Same thing happened with Net Runner

Same thing happened with Star Wars LCG

You people need to understand, a FLGS posted prices based on how hard it is because they understand the market and whats going on.

If it angers you guys so much that a FLGS posts the prices it does, preorder on cool stuff and miniature market. You get your game at your discount, problem solved

Bottom line and fact is if FFG made more product at release, you would not have the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
You both must have fanboy FFG blindness.

So hating scalping makes me a blind FFG fanboy? Dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Does FFG plan on selling this game at Walmart in the near(ish) future?
My poor wallet is looking pretty doomed if so.
R.I.P. money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.