Subject: Cards tearing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

many of you already received hero realms and played some matches.
Probably a lot of you also play other deck building games like star realms and use sleeves.

I hope some of you have helpful hints to help me solving my problem which can be found here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1675370/cards-damaged-altho...

Did you ever noticed similar problems with hero realms or other card games?

Thank you :^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hi,

many of you already received hero realms and played some matches.
Probably a lot of you also play other deck building games like star realms and use sleeves.

I hope some of you have helpful hints to help me solving my problem which can be found here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1675370/cards-damaged-altho...

Did you ever noticed similar problems with hero realms or other card games?

Thank you :^)

Some of my the cards from the character decks arrived with damaged corners.

It looks like the were damaged when the card were individually cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't going to sleeve my Hero Realms. But after 2 games, the edges of several cards were starting to look really beat up.

I think HR has been made with inferior quality cards. My Star Realms is not sleeved and I've had zero issue with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
I wasn't going to sleeve my Hero Realms. But after 2 games, the edges of several cards were starting to look really beat up.

I think HR has been made with inferior quality cards. My Star Realms is not sleeved and I've had zero issue with it.

The cards feel much better, but yeah, I managed to put I tiny ding on the front of my cards setting up my first game.

I assume that the printer used better paper core but skimmed on the layer holding the ink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of mine were damaged much worse than the image in your thread. And some of them were damaged AS I SLEEVED them. I was surprised, since they felt quite sturdy; the core was more stiff than most cards I've seen before. I chalked it up to sleeving at 1am, since I was so excited to receive them.

In the end, it doesn't stop me from playing, and I know that if I wear them out, I will just buy another set anyway. From the PNP alone, this game has had more play than almost everything in my collection...
-Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems some people are in the same boat.
I use Dragon Shield Sleeves, some of the best sleeves out there and I never played without sleeves.
Although I own the game since the middle of october I just played on 3 days because I have a lot to do (final thesis for my engineering degree and so on) so the game is still "brand new".

I'll have to buy some hero realms sleeves which cover the back of the cards if they will be available.

That's disappointing.

Thank you for the feedback!
I love this site and all the people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schneu wrote:
Some of mine were damaged much worse than the image in your thread. And some of them were damaged AS I SLEEVED them. I was surprised, since they felt quite sturdy; the core was more stiff than most cards I've seen before. I chalked it up to sleeving at 1am, since I was so excited to receive them.

In the end, it doesn't stop me from playing, and I know that if I wear them out, I will just buy another set anyway. From the PNP alone, this game has had more play than almost everything in my collection...
-Matthew

You will buy another set and character packs except those kickstarter exclusives...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you also have this problem... Which sleeves did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Melinsky
United States
Fairview Park
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bobcat Power MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played Hero Realms a grand total of 5 times. I am a decent shuffler (not quite good enough to make the Olympic team).

That said, there are noticeable chips on the edges of quite a few of these cards. We have played Star Realms many, many times, and the version I purchased several years ago did not look this bad after 5 plays.

So, we will be sleeving these. I have used the Ultra Pro thin standard sleeves for many other card games. Other sleeves are thicker and can stack too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sleeved my set last night. I noticed the nicks you're talking about; they were on the cards when I opened the packs.

It seems that some of them have tiny "flaps" of excess material that are folded back against the card, thus showing that little white fleck at the bottom of the card. Or in some cases, a tiny bit of the card itself was folded back against itself (showing that white spot).

In either case, if you unsleeve the card and run your thumb-nail against it to unflip that bit of card back onto itself, it should fix it, if you follow me.

Or yeah a felt-tipped marker would do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I didn't screw it up.
The card quality is the problem not me^^
I already tried to unflip those parts with my thumb-nail, it was my first idea but it didn't always work.
I just hope the cards won't suffer even more although they are sleeved.
That's a little bit disappointing, in my opinion more than the small game box a lot of people are complaining about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading comments at kickstarter, some people have this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, several of my character pack cards have scuffed edges, I've not yet opened the core set packs.

Fortunately I always planned to sleeve these cards with opaque-backed card sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah, several of my character pack cards have scuffed edges, I've not yet opened the core set packs.

Fortunately I always planned to sleeve these cards with opaque-backed card sleeves.

Do you never use clear sleeves for any games?
I like to see the art of the back of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Nichols
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm going to sleeve all my cards before playing. Other than text too small the cards don't have any tears or flaws that I can see.

It looks like the cards are slightly thicker than Star Realms Cards or Epic cards. However, HR cards also have a kind of a matte finish coating on them. When you hold the cards at an angle you can see the stippled/pockmarked surface of the plastic (?) coating.

I was perfectly happy with the card stock used in Epic and Star Realms. The smooth finish looked better and since I sleeve everything added thickness was never a problem.

I really hope all Epic & Star Realm expansion use the old style card stock of their predecessors. I really don't care much for the "improvement" - if it works well don't "fix" it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Do you never use clear sleeves for any games?
I like to see the art of the back of the cards.

I use clear sleeves on double-sided cards, and those with notably good art and very good quality cards (for example, the new Arkham Horror LCG), but I also am very very aware how easily most card backs mark up, and I am hypersensitive to small details, so I find myself using opaque-backed sleeves more and more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
What sleeves are people using? Fantasy Flight standard grey seems a bit big?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.