Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heikki Laakkonen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Synthetic Fuel Use once per turn when you build an Army. Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck to build an Army adjacent to the Army just built.

If Germany builds an army and it is then immediately eliminated (Rasputitsa, Loyal to the Crown) can Synthetic Fuel be used? I guess no but I ask just to be sure.

And another question. Is a space (or a piece) adjacent to itself, i.e. can Synthetic Fuel be used in the same space if the triggering army is not eliminated (for whatever weird reason)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions; FAQ-worthy.

<edit> Ignore this old response. See response below </edit>

The question as to if spaces are adjacent to themselves I have thought about a good deal. I decided to attempt to avoid that situation, and therefore not yet have to answer the question. If I have to answer, it is no, spaces are not adjacent to themselves, but with the chance I change my mind later.

About Synthetic Fuel: No, it is not possible to use Synthetic Fuel if the Army built is no longer on the board since there is nothing adjacent to it. Same would go for Bias for Action. If the Army just built were removed, you can't battle adjacent even if you had a different Army adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heikki Laakkonen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:
About Synthetic Fuel: No, it is not possible to use Synthetic Fuel if the Army built is no longer on the board since there is nothing adjacent to it. Same would go for Bias for Action. If the Army just built were removed, you can't battle adjacent even if you had a different Army adjacent.

There is not (yet) a newer version of FAQ than 4.1, July 2016, is there? I mean that answer contradicts FAQ 4.1 (p. 7 Rasputitsa).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hessen wrote:
IanBrody wrote:

There is not (yet) a newer version of FAQ than 4.1, July 2016, is there? I mean that answer contradicts FAQ 4.1 (p. 7 Rasputitsa).

Aha you're correct. I think I'll stick with the logic in FAQ 4.1 and ALLLOW this. I'll also now commit to saying that a space is adjacent to itself....
So yes, you can use Synthetic fuel even if you get zapped when you appear.

I'm going to update the post above to reflect that it was ill considered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.