Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how good they are, just trying out ideas

EDIT: The Lightning seems like a powerful ship on the surface but the special combos are only useful in some circumstances. Condition Yellow is the most useful because it allows you to reroll threat dice. I only got the decoys in play once in two plays and the first game I got spanked worse than I ever have in this game Regenerate is less efficient than raising shields so again you do it seldom but it can be useful when you're losing lots of hull. The command ability is the biggest power jump. Being able to turn 2 dice is very useful and gives you a bigger punch than you would have against external threats. Doesn't feel overpowered yet. EDIT2: Just lost about 4 consecutive games with this ship. Not sure why but it seems more prone to be overwhelmed. Probably needs a rework.

The Blackbird is a version of the Enterprise A ship. Really it's just a recasting of the ship into the world of DSD6. It's as good as that ship which is pretty good.

The Starfighter has some interesting capabilities. First the shield pulse is powerful but bad at getting rid of particularly dangerous opponents and the regular lasers aren't great. The Battlestations which uses command dice would be useful but you seldom want to sacrifice command dice. The Command dice ability is really good, allowing the command die to become anything (which is why I used the battle stations action only once in the first play). The jump drive is great to keep from getting overwhelmed. It's a good ship, maybe too good. The combos are accessible because of that command ability.

The Falcon has a unique ability to simultaneously cause 2 external threats that have guns and do damage to shoot at another external threat each (it can be each other in which case it is simultaneous). This sounds great but it is a lot of dice to activate and you only do limited damage. Battle Stations here is REALLY useful as it keeps threats under control AND does some limited damage. The FTL pulse is useful for keeping out of overwhelming situations if you can get the dice. Most of the other abilities are standard. In play this ship plays well and it may be too powerful.

EDIT: Just replaced the latter two ships. Still think they are too hard but don't want to modify them too fast. My first game with the new Lightning resulted in a big loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top one ... SR-71 and an F4?

What are the bottom 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tangram11 wrote:

What are the bottom 2?

SR-71 and F-102 Starfighter.

I can't draw myself but I can distort. The one on the left is a variant of the Defiant in DS9 and the one on the right is reversed and stretched version of a federation fighter. I really wish I could draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Farquhar
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Tangram11 wrote:

What are the bottom 2?

SR-71 and F-102 Starfighter.

I can't draw myself but I can distort. The one on the left is a variant of the Defiant in DS9 and the one on the right is reversed and stretched version of a federation fighter. I really wish I could draw.

Nice work, nonetheless. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.